Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2022, 07:34 AM   #1

Honeywell Pentax H3v (Fred Hmoud): Semi-Functional

I was recently gifted a Honeywell Pentax H3v that is somewhat functional. The front of the camera has the name, "Fred Hmoud," on the front. The shutter advances, but the curtain only returns when I advance the shutter again (leaving potential film to be constantly exposed to light). The mirror is constantly retracted but can be moved easily with a finger. I can't figure out how to get the shutter and mirror to work properly. Unfortunately, there's very little information on the H3v, let alone the Fred Hmoud version. I doubt this thing takes a battery, and am assuming it might be broken. Due to the all-mechanical nature of this camera, I think it could be saved (might be a single broken spring or gear). If anyone has any ideas or resources, please let me know. I've attached some images of the camera. I'm currently in the Philly area, but am normally in the Los Angeles area, if anyone knows of a good camera repair shop.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 12 Pro Max  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 12 Pro Max  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 12 Pro Max  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 12 Pro Max  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 12 Pro Max  Photo 
08-25-2022, 07:44 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Fred would have been a previous, original?, owner. The H3v was known as the Asahi SV in other markets.

Pentax SV (H3v) - Pentax M42 Screwmount Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

Eric Hendrickson’s page…

https://pentaxs.com/
08-25-2022, 07:51 AM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hello Sonny, below is a forum link to repairers around the world, with the US at the bottom of the list. Good luck.

Pentax Repair Facilities (Wordwide listing) - PentaxForums.com