Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
08-25-2022, 04:42 PM - 4 Likes   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Clackers' Beginners Tip 36: Photographing planes on the ground

Good morning all, yesterday I decided to visit a psychic.

I knocked on her front door, and she yelled, 'Who is it?'

So I left.

But I know I've got to change my diet.

I entered what I ate today into my new fitness app and it just sent an ambulance to my house.

This week I want to talk about at air shows not always having your camera pointing in the air.

The shows are ultimately about people having a good time, not machines. Any pictures where you show visitors and exhibitors with the aircraft complement the aerial ones, so bring wide as well as long lenses.

Below, civilians have gone up a ramp inside a C17 Globemaster cargo plane.

To finish with, there's the story of the dimwitted husband at a divorce court.

"Mr Jones, I have reviewed this case very carefully," the judge said, "and decided to give your wife $875 a week."

"That's very fair, your honour," the husband said. "And every now and then I'll try to send her a few bucks myself!"

Find the rest of the series here: Clackers' Beginners Tips (Collected) - PentaxForums.com

08-25-2022, 05:09 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some planes on the ground have been there for decades. B36 at Burgoyne's Cove. As a child of SAC, I hike up there about once a year. Ellsworth, of Ellsworth AFB, died here...

08-25-2022, 06:17 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jgnfld Quote
Some planes on the ground have been there for decades. B36 at Burgoyne's Cove. As a child of SAC, I hike up there about once a year. Ellsworth, of Ellsworth AFB, died here...
What a memorial, JG!

People may not realise the propellor-driven B-36 was actually bigger than the B-52.

Last edited by clackers; 08-27-2022 at 03:07 AM.
08-27-2022, 03:06 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Next week - Beginners Tip 37: Humorous Still Life