Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2022, 12:41 AM   #1

Pentax ME Super Lens Stuck

Hello, I recently got my Mom’s old Pentax Me Super and I can’t get the lens off. The lens release switch seems stuck and wont move even a little bit. The lens cant seem to turn either. Is there a way I can fix this or just get the lens off?

---------- Post added 09-14-22 at 12:51 AM ----------

The lens says its for the Pentax K mount and is an sigma 80 - 200mm zoom lens.

09-14-2022, 12:51 AM   #2

Original Poster
The lens says its for the Pentax K mount and is an sigma 80 - 200mm zoom lens.
Attached Images

09-14-2022, 02:18 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe take it into your local camera shop.

On the other hand, you can use the Pentax Forums members map to locate people around Seattle who might be able to help
09-14-2022, 08:19 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Sounds like it's simply jammed for some reason but I don't know how you'd get to it without dismantling the entire camera.

It's not a Ricoh pin as they only get stuck on cameras with autofocus.

I'd second taking it to a local camera repair place. You are pressing the lens release button (on the lower right as you hold the camera normally) in towards the camera body aren't you?

09-14-2022, 10:11 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Sounds like it's simply jammed for some reason but I don't know how you'd get to it without dismantling the entire camera.

It's not a Ricoh pin as they only get stuck on cameras with autofocus.

I'd second taking it to a local camera repair place. You are pressing the lens release button (on the lower right as you hold the camera normally) in towards the camera body aren't you?

Yup. Upon further inspection the pin and lever there look super rusted. Probably too much to move.
09-14-2022, 10:38 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dreadknotts Quote
Yup. Upon further inspection the pin and lever there look super rusted. Probably too much to move.
Welcome to the Forum - kinda sad for it to be this!

Maybe some very gentle rapping at the base of the lens, combined with the slightest drop of (penetrating) oil might jar things loose. Clean it all up if/when you get the lens off. Seems like you've not got much to lose otherwise.
09-14-2022, 04:13 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe try rotating the lens back and forth while depressing the release lever. Sometimes the slightest wiggle will help free something that is frozen. You could also try heating the area of the release lever and the base of the lens with a hair dryer. Heat cycling can sometimes help too. Long shots, but not much to loose.