Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2022, 03:08 PM   #1

Pentax Super Program Slow to Wake Up

Good Day!

I recently added a Super Program to my collection of cameras and I'm wondering if the behavior I'm seeing is normal.
With fresh batteries in the camera and in Program Mode, it sometimes take 3 or 4 partial presses of the shutter release to activate the LCD readout in the view finder.
I've also noticed that even without the display on, when the camera is fired, it will display the shutter speed and f stop readout.

I'm running a test roll of film through it and was wondering if this was normal.
The camera is returnable but if it works, I'm not too worried about it.

Thank You
-Mark Simmons-

12-03-2022, 01:03 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IIRC the electronics are delicate in these. Mine would eat a new set of batteries in 48 hours. It now has a stuck winder so needs a cla. It sounds like there is corrosion in the switch or what activates the LCD is dying or has a bad connection. Unfortunately it seems that there isn't anyone who can rebuild the electronics. I hope I can be proved wrong as I would really love to have mine work as it should.
12-03-2022, 08:23 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Joetitch Quote
IIRC the electronics are delicate in these. Mine would eat a new set of batteries in 48 hours. It now has a stuck winder so needs a cla. It sounds like there is corrosion in the switch or what activates the LCD is dying or has a bad connection. Unfortunately it seems that there isn't anyone who can rebuild the electronics. I hope I can be proved wrong as I would really love to have mine work as it should.
Thank you for your reply.
My first test roll of T-Max 100 through it turned out beautiful.

I think I'll expand the family and add a few prime lenses.
-Mark-
12-03-2022, 11:55 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I found them to be a great camera so I will suggest that you keep an eye out for more at a bargain price. It doesn't hurt to have spares for parts or even a working back-up. It only becomes frustrating when you have half a dozen and they all don't work and you're time is taken up with more pressing issues than fixing cameras.
Fortunately for me I have other cameras that work, they just aren't quite the same pleasure to use.