Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
12-23-2022, 04:52 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
Well done - excellent prices!
I put my Fujinon EBC 50mm f/1.2 on eBay about five years ago and it sold to a collector for around £400 - and that was with traces of fungus!
The Porst CR7 is the same as the Fujica AX-5. Excellent camera, I used mine for nearly 20 years … enjoy
Hi Kypfer. I am happy with this purchase. An unmissable price. How did you find the sharpness wide open on the Fujinon EBC 50mm f1.1,2 and a general opinion of the lens. Apart from this, have you used any other lens with aperture 1.2? Can you compare it to another similar lens from another company? I'm curious because I didn't get to test it in any way. All the best.

12-24-2022, 03:12 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lucian dumi Quote
Hi Kypfer. I am happy with this purchase. An unmissable price. How did you find the sharpness wide open on the Fujinon EBC 50mm f1.1,2 and a general opinion of the lens. Apart from this, have you used any other lens with aperture 1.2? Can you compare it to another similar lens from another company? I'm curious because I didn't get to test it in any way. All the best.
It's been a long time since … mine was used solely on film in low-light situations, moonlight or similar, as a wide-aperture lens to reduce shutter speed, so it was very much a case of getting any image rather than worrying about overall sharpness, contrast, bokeh etc. and being able to work hand-held rather than with a tripod.
Unfortunately my negative filing was never very comprehensive, so, although they're all carefully stored in folders with index prints, when they were taken and/or what with is often not noted, so I couldn't guarantee any particular shot was taken with any particular lens
I do remember being satisfied with my results at the time, but, other than a Fujinon EBC 35mm f/1.9 (also superb!) I had no similarly fast lenses to compare it to.
My current "fast" lens is my 8-element 50mm f/1.4 Super Takumar, but I'll have to admit to having used it very little and, other than noting that there's "nothing wrong with it", haven't really formed an opinion about it
Lens technology has come a long way in the last 40 years, what with low-dispersion glass and aspheric lenses etc., so any comparisons made need to be with lenses of the era (and similar marketplace)
12-25-2022, 01:32 AM   #18

Original Poster
Thank you Kypfer.