Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 29 Likes Search this Thread
01-09-2023, 08:14 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by photogem Quote
That's how I have it set my KP and K-S1 and before K3 and K5IIs.
With the K5IIs it was the first time and since then always except of course my K5 and K200D with Katzeye focusing screen.
I'd like to be able to use a Katzeye with my K3III as well. I have spares (my K-3m has one), and one of those will go on a K70 when it arrives.

01-09-2023, 12:06 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I'd like to be able to use a Katzeye with my K3III as well. I have spares (my K-3m has one), and one of those will go on a K70 when it arrives.
You must fill me in about this K-3m...

I see the strength of the K3III partly in the AF ability, which will of course suffer a bit if using a split-image focusing screen.
It is a difficult one, I didn't change the screen on my KP and yet, sometimes I wished for it.

Lucky you to have spares from Katzeye!
Very difficult to find in Europe these days.
01-09-2023, 12:42 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by photogem Quote
You must fill me in about this K-3m...

I see the strength of the K3III partly in the AF ability, which will of course suffer a bit if using a split-image focusing screen.
It is a difficult one, I didn't change the screen on my KP and yet, sometimes I wished for it.

Lucky you to have spares from Katzeye!
Very difficult to find in Europe these days.
Good point about a split-image focus screen potentially negatively affecting the AF performance on the K3III. BTW, at one point I had four Katzeye screens, but accidently left one installed on a Ks2 i sold. I think someone here has more than 4 on hand.

As for the K3m it's a monochrome converted K3, courtesy of our own Medex.
01-11-2023, 03:10 AM - 1 Like   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Good point about a split-image focus screen potentially negatively affecting the AF performance on the K3III.
Shouldn't be affecting AF performance, Gatorguy?

Should affect spot exposure metering, though.