Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2023, 07:45 PM   #1

me super

I recently brought an MX super with a macro lens for less than 20 pounds, but when I received it the mirror kept staying up and the winder was lock, the shutter lost no sound at all (i know it is a common mistake for me), so when I go to some youtube, I try to fix it, at last, the winder is winding but not counting, the shutter still not work, does anyone know how to do that, or where can I find someone to fix it in UK or just leave it aside (VERY SAD ) because it is in very good condition

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 11  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 11  Photo 
01-22-2023, 09:13 PM   #2
Pentaxian

oh boy that does not look good.......if no batteries are installed it may reset/fire on 100x or B......the auto or manual speeds will only occur with batteries.......but dang if the shutter curtain ain't hung up/open

the winder may have broken spring and moves freely without doing anything
01-23-2023, 02:17 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kin Quote
because it is in very good condition
I have another experience about what a very good condition is. I think it is in a very good condition for a dustbin. It is perhaps the bad buy of the month. Not a very good condition. And I am sorry that you lost your money on this buy. Try to get another ME Super that works. And if you do, make sure you can return it if it is not working as described.
01-23-2023, 09:01 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
What did you do to try to fix it?

Asahi Photo – Pentax Repair and Service or https://harrowtechnical.co.uk/ might be able to fix it for you.

01-23-2023, 11:40 AM   #5
Veteran Member

The macro lens would be worth what you paid, so it would be best to find another body that is in working order. I sold my ME Super on ebay a couple of years ago with new light seals, in working order, for about £30, and got another £20 for the winder.