Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
03-16-2023, 07:20 AM   #1

Pentax mount

Hello, I've purchased sigma 24 super wide II Lens. I have no idea what kind of mount it has, but its seems like some kind od Pentax mount. Does anyone know what mount exactly it is? I want to buy an adapter to use it on micro4/3. Thanks!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Mi 9T Pro  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Mi 9T Pro  Photo 
03-16-2023, 07:59 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ricoh!

Last edited by Argos; 03-17-2023 at 01:32 AM.
03-16-2023, 08:03 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^
03-16-2023, 09:15 AM   #4

Original Poster
Just regular Pentax k mount? I have found this diagram, it doesn't match any of those.

Attached Images

03-16-2023, 09:21 AM   #5

Original Poster
This.
Attached Images

03-16-2023, 09:25 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Yours is a Third Party A mount. At least that's what it looks like. Dario's drawing shows more screws holing the mount to the body. This isn't too surprising, the Sigmas of the day were pretty budget, so they would leave things like that off to keep production costs down.
03-16-2023, 10:21 AM - 1 Like   #7

It's a KA/R mount: Pentax KA with Ricoh pin. The number of pin/insulators will vary from lens to lens depending on the min and max aperture of the lens. The diagrams show the maximum possible pins.

The Ricoh pin looks rounded and probably won't cause a problem but you may want to remove it just to be sure before mounting it on a AF Pentax body.

03-16-2023, 01:30 PM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Even though it is a wide angle lens, I imagine that is for FF only - on APSC, and especially m4/3, I would suspect that the apparent focal length would be longer. (Waits for scientific explanation as to why this statement is inaccurate !).
03-16-2023, 04:25 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
Even though it is a wide angle lens, I imagine that is for FF only - on APSC, and especially m4/3, I would suspect that the apparent focal length would be longer. (Waits for scientific explanation as to why this statement is inaccurate !).
24mm is 24mm … the concept of "apparent focal length" is only relevant when compared to a full-frame 35mm image (24x36mm), in any other context it is irrelevant
03-16-2023, 08:07 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is true but a better way (perhaps) to phrase it is that the angle of view is the same as any 24mm used on whatever sensor the OP has.

Which I think is what you alluded to - the name “mini-wide” might imply wide angle use - but that only applies to cameras with a sensor that is as large as the 35mm film the lens was designed for. Use on a smaller sensor will crop away the parts that fall outside the sensor making it appear far narrower than “wide”.
03-17-2023, 06:17 AM - 2 Likes   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
This is true but a better way (perhaps) to phrase it is that the angle of view is the same as any 24mm used on whatever sensor the OP has.

Which I think is what you alluded to - the name “mini-wide” might imply wide angle use - but that only applies to cameras with a sensor that is as large as the 35mm film the lens was designed for. Use on a smaller sensor will crop away the parts that fall outside the sensor making it appear far narrower than “wide”.
Thanks for the clarification - that is exactly what I intended to say, but phrased it badly (and expected the improvements as soon as I wrote it ! )

What I would say, however, is that there is a possibility that purchasers of a 'wide angle' lens, and being unaware of the image cropping on smaller sensors, or that the description only applies to 35mm or FF sensors, may feel the lens has been mis-represented by the seller.

T
03-17-2023, 08:34 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What I would say, however, is that there is a possibility that purchasers of a 'wide angle' lens, and being unaware of the image cropping on smaller sensors, or that the description only applies to 35mm or FF sensors, may feel the lens has been mis-represented by the seller.
It is what the lens is called
Attached Images

03-17-2023, 07:18 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
It's a KA/R mount: Pentax KA with Ricoh pin. The number of pin/insulators will vary from lens to lens depending on the min and max aperture of the lens. The diagrams show the maximum possible pins.

The Ricoh pin looks rounded and probably won't cause a problem but you may want to remove it just to be sure before mounting it on a AF Pentax body.
I have a Vivitar 28mm f2.8 (Cosina) lens with a mount like that. The Ricoh pin is rounded and has a very low profile. I have no trouble with it on the rare occasions I put it on one of my cameras, but that's not to say it yields particularly good results. As a precaution, I always make sure the camera is in manual focus mode before I install it. This keeps the auto-focus pawl retracted and out of the way.

Last edited by E-man; 03-17-2023 at 07:28 PM.