Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2023, 08:09 AM   #1

Pentax K-5 Live View

Pentax cameras are still new to me and i just wanted to know the answer to the problem since i've never had one like this before.
Basically when using my K-5 in LiveView it has this delay like sluggish look i dont know is it really a problem or thats just the way this camera is?

03-25-2023, 09:58 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's just the way the camera is. Newer cameras have a much faster auto focus in live view. The K-5 was an early live view canera.

Regards

Chris
03-25-2023, 11:01 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mazver Quote
Pentax cameras are still new to me and i just wanted to know the answer to the problem since i've never had one like this before.
Basically when using my K-5 in LiveView it has this delay like sluggish look I dont know is it really a problem or thats just the way this camera is?
I owned a K-5 until I damaged it, it has a very good autofocus system, even though it's a decade old.

A "sluggish look" is probably more a function of how many focus points you are using, whether you are using AF.S or AF.C, distance to the subject and how much the subject fills the frame as well as teh subjects or your movement, objects in the foreground, objects in the background, lighting, etc.

Start with a simple subject relatively close against a uniform background and use live view. You might also turn on the focus assist in Live View and try both autofocus and manual focus.
03-25-2023, 11:07 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mazver Quote
Basically when using my K-5 in LiveView it has this delay like sluggish look i dont know is it really a problem or thats just the way this camera is?
LV uses CDAF which by its nature is slower but possibly more precise than PDAF which is used with OVF
With PDAF speed is seen to be more important than other factors.

So it got to be that way!