Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2023, 12:04 PM   #1
Marketplace Reseller

Godox X-Pro Trigger stuck on K-1 mkii

Hi all. I was shooting the with my Godox X-Pro Trigger the other night and wanted to switch from my K-1 to 645z. Unfortunately, the trigger was stuck. After some firm jostling, I gave up. I don't want to pull and yank too much because it could rip the hot shoe (had that problem with my other K-1). Any suggestions? Thanks.

04-13-2023, 01:25 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a real problem considering the weakness of the support structure under the hotshoe. I have no idea what the fix is, or the cause, but would suggest proceeding with caution.
04-13-2023, 01:37 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Make sure you have unlocked the trigger from the base (a turning piece above the foot (base) of the trigger). It locks the trigger down if you turn it one way and loosens it if you turn it the other. Also, when it is not locked, if you sort of jostle/twist the trigger just slightly from side while putting some pulling pressure on at the same time it will loosen the trigger gradually out of the camera hot shoe and eventually come fully out. Make sure only to slightly twist lightly side to side and you will also see how far it (the trigger base) will move side to side in the hot shoe while slightly pulling so it will come out.

Last edited by C_Jones; 04-13-2023 at 01:53 PM.
04-13-2023, 01:38 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Maybe post a couple of pics to see if someone sees something odd

04-13-2023, 01:43 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Have you tried to slip in something to push the contacts on the xpro? Thin and stiff like feeler gauge or plastic off packaging or metal shim stock? Of course depower the devices if using metal.

for example :
amazon.com: 32 Blades Steel Feeler Gauge Dual Marked Metric and Imperial Measuring Tool : Industrial & Scientific?tag=pentaxforums-20&
04-13-2023, 02:16 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
Make sure you have unlocked the trigger from the base (a turning piece above the foot (base) of the trigger). It locks the trigger down if you turn it one way and loosens it if you turn it the other. Also, when it is not locked, if you sort of jostle/twist the trigger just slightly from side while putting some pulling pressure on at the same time it will loosen the trigger gradually out of the camera hot shoe and eventually come fully out. Make sure only to slightly twist lightly side to side and you will also see how far it (the trigger base) will move side to side in the hot shoe while slightly pulling so it will come out.
In addition, try turning the camera upside down while doing the above. Even though it's spring loaded when fully functional, gravity may help to let the locking pin slip out if somehow the spring broke and is jamming the mechanism to pull it up.
04-13-2023, 04:05 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
Have you fully turned the lock? The pin get out if there some unscrewing left on the ring. Hope there's nothing broken on this link between the pin and the lock.

04-13-2023, 06:10 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eoschneeman Quote
Hi all. I was shooting the with my Godox X-Pro Trigger the other night and wanted to switch from my K-1 to 645z. Unfortunately, the trigger was stuck. After some firm jostling, I gave up. I don't want to pull and yank too much because it could rip the hot shoe (had that problem with my other K-1). Any suggestions? Thanks.
There is a lever on the left side of the trigger locking ring. The second photo shows the lever. If you unscrew the locking ring about half way you should be able to see the lever that raises the pin. I'd be very gentle with the lever. If turning the ring to the open position (counter clockwise) does not raise the pin then the lever that lifts the pin may be stuck also. In that case I'd see if there is some help on the Godox support pages. There are two screws on the bottom of the trigger that may allow access to the internals of the trigger and possibly allow access to raise the pin that way. Take my words on disassembly with a grain of salt. I am good at taking things apart but not so good at putting them together again.

Last edited by Jim P; 04-13-2023 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Added more details
07-20-2023, 12:55 PM   #9
Marketplace Reseller

Original Poster
I was able to remove the trigger with a hammer; in case anyone was wondering
07-20-2023, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eoschneeman Quote
I was able to remove the trigger with a hammer; in case anyone was wondering
OUCH !! Did the K1 survive ?
07-28-2023, 01:40 PM   #11
Marketplace Reseller

Original Poster
Yes, it's a sturdy camera. It did not survive the recent fall from my monopod, and is in recovery for 2-3 weeks...
07-28-2023, 02:02 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Bit late now, but even when using a monopod, I keep the strap around my neck - just in case.
08-04-2023, 12:39 PM   #13
Marketplace Reseller

Original Poster
learned that the hard way