Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
04-13-2023, 10:02 PM - 10 Likes   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Clackers 'Beginners Tip 69: The One Eye Look

Good morning, all.

I don't understand - when a baby drinks a bottle every night to fall asleep, it's "cute," but when I do it, I'm an "alcoholic"?

Wow. So sick of these double standards.

One of the best things I ever did was go to Kruger National Park in South Africa. From the jeep I saw a lizard on his hind legs telling jokes.

I turned to the guide and said "That lizard's really funny!"

He replied, "That's not a lizard. He's a stand up chameleon."

This week I want to talk about the 'one eye' look.

After you've got the required shots of your portrait subject, it's time to experiment with moods, gear and approaches. Some will work, some will need trying another time slightly differently, some will be more interesting than the standard pictures you already took.

One way is to show just one eye, it can give a lift to the photo by not showing everything. This was taken with the K-1 and the Sigma 85mm f1.4.

If you've got any pictures where obscuring is important to the portrait, I'd love to see them in the comments below.

To finish with, there's the story of the man and woman who'd never met before, but find themselves on upper andlower berths of a long distance train.

At 2 am, the man leans over saying,"Ma'm, sorry to bother you, would you be kind enough to give me a second blanket from the side table? It's awfully cold."

"l have a better idea," the woman replied,"Just for tonight, why don't we pretend that we're married?"

"Great idea, Madam!" he replied in excitement.

She said: "Then get up and take it yourself!"

Find the rest of the series here: Clackers' Beginners Tips (Collected) - PentaxForums.com

04-17-2023, 09:55 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Coming up next in Beginners' Tips: Wildlife That Is Feeding
04-20-2023, 01:08 AM - 3 Likes   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi Ian

I had half expected to see the rear end of a cat when I read the subject title !

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
If you've got any pictures where obscuring is important to the portrait, I'd love to see them in the comments below
I went one further with the no-eye look for this portrait........