Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
05-06-2023, 05:34 AM   #1

K-S2 Wifi Password Reset

Hi. I just moved again and yes found my K-52 again (yeah!!). I charged it up and took some shots of the spring flowers at dawn today with all the usual dew and soft light, etc. But.... I tried to wifi my pics to my Mac. Then ooops, no password for Pentax network. So how do I reset the camera's password or just get connected to upload photos? I get nothing on the Mac when I usb wire connect from the camera?? And no manual found with the camera.
Thanks for any help!
Michael

05-06-2023, 05:47 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
EDIT: title change now shows KS-2 not K5-2 I withdraw my comments below.

There’s no WiFi in the k-5 series. Do you have a wifi sd card that’s compatible that you want to connect to?

Last edited by UncleVanya; 05-06-2023 at 07:41 PM.
05-06-2023, 06:45 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by chappellm Quote
And no manual found with the camera.
You can find the manual here: Operation Manuals Download : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING
05-06-2023, 07:42 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Do you have the K-S2 rather than a K-5 II?

05-06-2023, 08:38 AM - 1 Like   #5

The default password for the FluCard is "12345678".

See page 14 of the FluCard manual how to reset the password. Provided of this is a K-5ii with FluCard.
https://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/o-fc1_operation_en.pdf

If it is a K-S2 see the operator's manual page 89 on how to reset the WiFi settings to default.

Last edited by Not a Number; 05-06-2023 at 08:50 AM.
05-06-2023, 06:54 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Go into the camera menu. Find Wi-Fi under wrench 3 menu. Then you can find communication info including the password.
05-07-2023, 06:39 AM   #7

Original Poster
WiFi on K-S2

Ok. Firstly thanks for the posted support. Yes I was not wearing my glasses. The camera is a K-S2 not K-52. Well that makes it way easier to get to the right place in the on line supports already posted!! So yes I was able to find the WiFi in menu with the password number.
So the Mac finds the K-S2 network and the password works but it won't allow any searching (in-port/export) on that network. So I'm working on that. Meantime I just pushed out the micro card and transfer the photos to the computer for editing and storage that way. All's good. I'll work out the remote shooting as I read more.

Best,
Michael.

05-07-2023, 07:08 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by chappellm Quote
Ok. Firstly thanks for the posted support. Yes I was not wearing my glasses. The camera is a K-S2 not K-52. Well that makes it way easier to get to the right place in the on line supports already posted!! So yes I was able to find the WiFi in menu with the password number.
So the Mac finds the K-S2 network and the password works but it won't allow any searching (in-port/export) on that network. So I'm working on that. Meantime I just pushed out the micro card and transfer the photos to the computer for editing and storage that way. All's good. I'll work out the remote shooting as I read more.
I don’t recall ac way to connect via laptop or computer to the camera. I think you must use the image sync app.

Try the iOS emulator on your Mac and the image sync app.

How to run iOS app on Mac | BrowserStack