Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
05-11-2023, 07:23 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photogem Quote
Interesting that you got no answer on this important question.
Post 18 and Post 19.

---------- Post added 05-11-23 at 10:24 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
Sorry, missed this.
You didn’t. You saw my answer and you agreed with what I said.

05-11-2023, 08:57 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Doormat Quote
Update :
I’ve messaged the seller to ask for a return/refund.

I went out again tonight took a series of shots of the same subject ( boring, sorry ) A barcode label on a tree on the patio. I chose this for a few reasons
The barcode bars would indicate the sharpness at different apertures also instantly shows aberrations (black on white), plus it also tested the AF accuracy and also the out of focus background.

I used
1.4, 2, 2.8, 4, 5.6

1.4 was totally unusable
2 wasn’t much better
All 5 shots displayed fringing around the barcode lines

In short, it was terrible

I repeated this on a fence panel… lowest SS was 1/250th
every shot was out of focus despite the focus confirmation light being On

I realised it was hopeless, I’d never know if the shots were going to be in focus or not. So decided to commence with the return request.

Still not heard back ?
If necessary open an ebay-case! Upload the photos showing the damage.
And then keep an eye for the F50/1,7. It is cheaper and imo better. I never really got warm with the FA50/1,4 which is optically the same as the F-Version. Only the DA*55/1.4 is a tiny bit better but way more expensive, heavier, slow AF and tricky SDM-motor. Of course there is the D-FA, I don't have any experience with it.
05-12-2023, 01:20 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Update:
The seller has responded…

…..will give you a full refund for lens. You can keep it FOC but would ask you to give me a positive review on Ebay. After your rant against me I would ask you to acknowledge that the starter auction price was only £10 and therefore it was not a sham and my reviews with Ebay have been excellent….

My rant was pretty much justified as I had specifically messaged the seller for confirmation there were NO issues. He’s basically asking me to give false feedback. Rather than give negative feedback , I’d rather leave no feedback than give him positive feedback.

Your views would be appreciated please.
05-12-2023, 01:07 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Doormat Quote
Update:
The seller has responded…

…..will give you a full refund for lens. You can keep it FOC but would ask you to give me a positive review on Ebay. After your rant against me I would ask you to acknowledge that the starter auction price was only £10 and therefore it was not a sham and my reviews with Ebay have been excellent….

My rant was pretty much justified as I had specifically messaged the seller for confirmation there were NO issues. He’s basically asking me to give false feedback. Rather than give negative feedback , I’d rather leave no feedback than give him positive feedback.

Your views would be appreciated please.
Tell him you want a refund and will return the lens if he pays your postage. End of conversation.

05-12-2023, 09:28 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Money back, keep lens, neutral feedback with details, such as:
"Lens was in badly damaged condition which photos didn't show but seller accepted full refund if I don't give him negative feedback."
05-13-2023, 05:33 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My opinion is that neutral feedback is fine. Just note that the condition wasn’t fully accurate and that the seller refunded the money.
05-13-2023, 09:39 AM - 1 Like   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ok

I replied yesterday….

Hi
Sorry, but I’m not prepared to give false feedback, however rather than leave factual feedback and risk damaging your feedback score I’d prefer to leave no feedback.
The fact is, I specifically asked if there were any issues and you responded it was excellent!! So you either didn’t even bother to look or you just gave a reply to sell. I’m not sure which?

My guess is you’ve done this before?? The lens is no good to me so it can either be returned to you (if you send a return postage label) or I’ll drop it off at a charity shop with all the other stuff I have next time I go.

Please let me know either way today.

Nothing personal, I hope you have a good weekend

Kind regards

I haven’t had a reply as yet.