Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2023, 02:52 PM   #1

Cokin Dedicated Creative Flash safe for Pentax K1ii?

I just bought an unopened box of Cokin Dedicated creative flash. Is it safe to use this flash on my Pentax K1ii? Thank you in advance.

Michelle

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 7 Pro  Photo 
05-13-2023, 03:44 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
According to this source it is 10.5v - some might say that's on the high side but it works via PC Cord as well as hotshoe from what I gather. Most sources for Pentax I find suggest higher voltage that 10.5 is not a problem up to a point - the point is debated however. To be completely safe I'd use the PC Synch cord connection or a safe flash adapter. But you may be a daredevil like me and try to find validation that your camera is ok at 10.5v. I have seen reports of > 300v on some flash triggers - those I wouldn't risk.

http://www.mesphotos.lecollectionneur.ch/Macro-exemples/cokin_3-reflector_prof-2.pdf
05-13-2023, 04:25 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
According to this source it is 10.5v - some might say that's on the high side but it works via PC Cord as well as hotshoe from what I gather. Most sources for Pentax I find suggest higher voltage that 10.5 is not a problem up to a point - the point is debated however. To be completely safe I'd use the PC Synch cord connection or a safe flash adapter. But you may be a daredevil like me and try to find validation that your camera is ok at 10.5v. I have seen reports of > 300v on some flash triggers - those I wouldn't risk.

http://www.mesphotos.lecollectionneur.ch/Macro-exemples/cokin_3-reflector_prof-2.pdf
Thank you so much!
I will get a wein safe sync hot shoe adapter just in case.