Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2023, 06:20 AM   #1

Microscope adapter for film SLR KX

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hello,

My name is Nadine and I'm currently working on a project whereby I will need a camera for my microscope to take photographs with. I have been using my phone for a while put I thought it would be quite nice to print them the old way with film.

I have had an Asahi PENTAX KX film SLR for many years but still have never used it, but I guess this is the perfect time to get started.

Has anyone know where I could find the best information about microscope adapters for these types of camera?

The microscope itself is pretty old and only has one ocular lens

05-16-2023, 06:42 AM   #2

The Pentax microscope adapter will fit any 25mm ocular tube, either monocular or binocular.

PENTAX Microscope Adapter K reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

You'll have to turn to the used market, e.g. eBay.
05-16-2023, 07:59 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Here's one that's up for bid. Looks to be in good shape from the photos.

Pentax Microscope Adapter K in Box Pentax #30044 | eBay

Also check out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microscopy

What is the inside diameter of the eyepiece barrel for your particular microscope?

Last edited by Bob 256; 05-16-2023 at 08:16 AM.
05-16-2023, 10:28 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Most old-style microscopes hold 0.965" (25mm) eyepieces. Some have a dedicated optical port for the camera. Stereo microscopes sometimes have a diverter to send the image out to a camera while showing in one of the two eyepieces.
Focusing can be a bit of a challenge. I have a helical focuser adapter for the camera on my stereo microscope - so that I can make the eyepiece and camera roughly parfocal.

05-16-2023, 06:14 PM   #5

There are some T-mount microscope adapters available. You'd need a K-mount T-ring. No idea what size microscope tube it will fit.

Vintage T-Mount Microscope Adapter In Original Box | eBay
09-07-2023, 03:52 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Attached a scan of the instructions for the pentax k microscope adapter . Hope this is of assistance !
Attached Images
File Type: pdf pentax_microscope_k_a.pdf (2.57 MB, 26 views)