Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2023, 10:48 AM   #1

Brightness Indicators Viewfinder Pentax KP

Hi, I'm a new member of the forum.
I wanted to ask if it is possible to increase the brightness of the indicators in the viewfinder of the Pentax KP. In some cases you can hardly see anything.
Thank you, Renzo

06-02-2023, 11:02 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
As far as I know it is not possible to increase the light on the indicators.
You may need a better eye piece that seal off the light better in bright light.

If you are wearing glasses it may work better without them and compensate on the dioptre adjustment (if possible).
06-02-2023, 11:11 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
As far as I know it is not possible to increase the light on the indicators.
You may need a better eye piece that seal off the light better in bright light.

If you are wearing glasses it may work better without them and compensate on the dioptre adjustment (if possible).
Thanks! I have already increased the diopter to the maximum. But I can see the scene well enough only that today in bright light I really didn't see the indicators. Thanks anyway
06-02-2023, 01:42 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I own the KP and haven’t noticed any issue but I might have just worked around it. Which indicators gave you the most difficulty? Or was it the entire viewfinder set?

06-02-2023, 02:24 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Renzo Ullucci Quote
In some cases you can hardly see anything.
Just possible that the viewfinder glass is dirty, so you're getting reflections which make the indicators difficult to see.
I find this can be a specific issue if I'm wearing my spectacles with the sun over my shoulder.
Removing my spectacles (and adjusting the viewfinder dioptre if necessary) allows the rubber eyecup to seal better and can make the whole viewfinder more visible … at this point I usually clean the viewfinder
06-04-2023, 10:50 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I own the KP and haven’t noticed any issue but I might have just worked around it. Which indicators gave you the most difficulty? Or was it the entire viewfinder set?
All indicators are dim, in certain light conditions
06-05-2023, 09:44 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Renzo Ullucci Quote
All indicators are dim, in certain light conditions
Do not know if you are wearing glasses, but the only time I think the indicators are dim is when looking through the viewfinder with my glasses on. That is the result of me wearing self-tinting glasses. In not photograping live I hardly notice my glasses have turned to a dark grey because of the sunlight. And when in photographing mood I can see the image very good and because of bright light it is as clear as not looking through the viewfinder, but the indicators are "dim" because of my glasses being dark. And as the indicators may not interfere with the viewing they are dim compared to the image. And self-tinting glasses make that worse... Just a thought, just a possibility.