Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-10-2023, 11:29 AM   #1

Pentax MX-1 SD card issue.

Hi all, writing into regard of a issue with a camera I had recently acquired on ebay a pentax MX-1.
Now the issue being, when I first had got the camera thew SD card was in working order, as the seller had said in the advert but, for some reason now when trying to actually shoot it's just not reading the cards? I;m not quite as to why this is is.

I have tried formatting the cat, checking the side of the SD card, tried other SD cards and I have now ordered 2 more of the similar variety of the one that was inita;;y working. Honestly I hope to god something can be done with this because I cannot find a solution and I don't want to have spent 270 pound on a pretty looking metal brick.

Cheers, all.

06-10-2023, 01:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can you provide a bit more detail on what is happening?

After taking a shot are any images stored on the card that can be viewed on the camera?

Are you trying to view the images on the card in the camera or on a PC or Mac?

How are you formatting the card, in the camera or on a PC or Mac?

If you are trying to view the images on a PC or Mac, how are you reading the car, via a card reader or directly in a card slot on the computer?

Have you got the camera set to shoot in RAW or JPG?

What size/spec of cards are you using?

The MX-1 has a small build in memory that will take and store a couple of shots without an SD car installed. Can shots be taken and viewed without a card installed?

What messages is any are you getting on the screen when taking shots or trying to review images?

Sorry if any of the above is obvious stuff that you have looked into, I am just trying to understand what you are actually experiencing.
06-10-2023, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can check a sdcard also on pc’s with a sd card slot.
Some older cards had a r/w protect switch, if present, select write.... ( or unlock, might be brand dependent). Sometimes the switch is accidentally changed during insert/ remove. Read should always be possible...
If you try other cards , it supports SD, SDHC, SDXC uhs-1 types.... try (also) smaller cards like 16 gb , the newest like 256+ gb might be more problematic on older camera.
If none of your cards work, I would return camera....

Normally in camera format is advised, but sometimes first a format on pc can help, and reformat in camera.