Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2023, 01:10 PM   #1

Playback mode

Hi. I have a used KS2. I've noticed ever since I bought it that using the back dial to zoom in on playback mode often closes the review and brings the camera back to shooting mode. Sometimes, I've wondered if I accidentally touch a button. However, I'm pretty sure that this has happened when I've been extra careful not to touch anything other than the back dial. Any thoughts? Thanks, Marc.

11-21-2023, 01:52 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Usually I touch the shutter button which immediately drops me out of playback mode

Regards

Chris
11-21-2023, 02:45 PM   #3
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think it's a fault. I have zoomed in and back out when in playback mode countless times without a problem. Can also move the magnified area with the buttons on the 4-way controller. Shutter button half-press or pressing the playback button cancels playback - if it does it when you are not touching those but just the rear dial, there is something wrong. Could be a bit of dirt in the rear dial perhaps? If it's not malfunctioning in any other way, it's probably not worth sending for repair.
11-21-2023, 07:16 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks to both of you. I'll have to make closer observations.

11-22-2023, 08:26 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Are you sure this happens in "regular" playback mode and not in the "review mode" or whatever it is called? The one where it shows the latest picture taken for a specified amount of time? You can zoom into the picture in this mode, but I think it will return to regular shooting mode after a few seconds when you're zoomed out again?
11-22-2023, 01:29 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Are you sure this happens in "regular" playback mode and not in the "review mode" or whatever it is called? The one where it shows the latest picture taken for a specified amount of time? You can zoom into the picture in this mode, but I think it will return to regular shooting mode after a few seconds when you're zoomed out again?
As I recall this is the case during instant preview mode. I'm too lazy to walk to the other room the get my camera to check
11-22-2023, 09:16 PM   #7

Original Poster
Much appreciated.. I'm away right now but will check when I get home.