Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2023, 08:16 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photogem Quote
Yes, my K200D (green button) does and as well a K100D (AE-L button)
But my K3 gives more information in the viewfinder, such as ISO.

I can't comment on the K-x but guess it will be similar to the K200D.
I didn't mean Green Button auto-stop-down to get the camera to make an estimate, I mean using the DoF Preview function to get the green segmented bars across the bottom of the viewfinder which shows exposure based on aperture, shutter speed, and general lighting conditions. I much prefer that method with my K-5 II but I don't know when that feature came along.

12-18-2023, 09:19 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photogem Quote
The K20D and K10D share the same focusing screen which, as Lowell Goudge already pointed out, had difficulties with manual lenses.
This was solved if the LF60 focusing screen of either the *istD, *istDS or *istDS2 was used or their special screens LL60 or LI60.

The K200D doesn't have the same screen but one similar to the K100D, *istDL, K-m, K-x and K-r. (i.e. all Pentax DSLR using penta-mirror instead of penta-prism)
I was lucky to find a Katzeye split-prism screen for my K200D.
When I had my K20D I bought it used in 2013 (I sold it around 2017 I think). The previous owner(s) might have put a different focusing screen because I used manual lenses a lot with it and it seemed to always meter well, except with a Sigma lens that I had but I think that lens had a slow iris. My SMC-M 50 1.7, my Rikenons (a 28 and two 50s) and my K 55 f2 were used a lot during those years with the M button, and always worked fairly well as far as I remember...