Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2009, 11:39 PM - 6 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Useful Pentax/Photo Resources, About

This section is intended to help you with any basic questions you may have about Pentax or photography, as well as technical issues you may be experiencing with your gear. Newbies are welcome here! Feel free to ask any question, no matter now simple (or seemingly obvious), but please post each question in a separate thread!

Thanks, and enjoy this section! I hope you find it useful.

While you wait for someone to answer your thread, these pages may prove to be very valuable resources:
PentaxForums.com Lens Review Database
Pentax Lens Series Explained
Pentax & Photography Artices
The Pentax Camera Lens Compatibility Chart
Lens compatibility tool
Photos of K and M42 mount variations (photos of pentax k-mounts) - PentaxForums.com
How to use/meter Manual & M42 Lenses on all Pentax DSLRs (K-1, K-3, K-5, K-30, etc) - PentaxForums.com
Pentax Reviews | In-Depth Camera, Lens, Flash Reviews | PentaxForums.com
Recommended Pentax Gear | Pentax Cameras | PentaxForums.com
Pentax Cameras | Pentax K-5 vs. Pentax K-r vs. Pentax K-x - Pentax DSLR Comparison - PentaxForums.com
Firmware Update Guide
Homepage Articles & Tutorials
Beginners question about noise (clunk) in a Pentax DSLR - PentaxForums.com
PENTAX Lens Technology / Lenses / Products | RICOH IMAGING
Shutter count tool

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

Last edited by MarkJerling; 11-29-2018 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Added shutter count tool and lens compatibility tool.
01-31-2009, 07:00 AM   #2

Adam, I think this section is an excellent addition! Sincerely. Coming into any forum new, especially a photography forum can be a little intimidating I think this will be a good ice breaker for those new to photography.
01-31-2009, 07:17 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I wonder if we should put up a glossary of terms in here so that the newb's have a place of reference.
02-08-2009, 12:51 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

And maybe make some "stickies" of very common subjects like " can I use my old M lenses on a Pentax DSLR?" And also give a little tutorial on what needs to be done to make em work...

02-08-2009, 12:53 AM - 1 Like   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
That's what the Articles section is for.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-08-2009, 12:54 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
That's what the Articles section is for.

Whoops !!!! , ummmmmmm, disregard my previous post, haha
02-14-2009, 05:24 PM - 1 Like   #7

Which Pentax is the best beginner's?

Hi, just joined and I gotta say this site is great. I appreciate everyone taking time out to help out people in my situation, i.e. just starting.

I was wondering what everyone's opinion is for the best start up camera from Pentax. I've heard the K1000 A LOT but wanted to just pick some peoples' brains. The fact that some people feel the 1000 has very few options is somewhat bothersome. I take photography seriously and I really want to delve deeply into it and I would rather not have to buy a new camera soon after a 1000 because I've outgrown it. Any ideas? I don't need a professional level body and I know the lenses are a huge part of taking pictures but I do want some advanced options.

Thanks for any information.

02-14-2009, 05:28 PM   #8
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by brandontowey Quote
Hi, just joined and I gotta say this site is great. I appreciate everyone taking time out to help out people in my situation, i.e. just starting.

I was wondering what everyone's opinion is for the best start up camera from Pentax. I've heard the K1000 A LOT but wanted to just pick some peoples' brains. The fact that some people feel the 1000 has very few options is somewhat bothersome. I take photography seriously and I really want to delve deeply into it and I would rather not have to buy a new camera soon after a 1000 because I've outgrown it. Any ideas? I don't need a professional level body and I know the lenses are a huge part of taking pictures but I do want some advanced options.

Thanks for any information.
You should ask your question by starting a new thread in this forum. Not in this thread.
02-22-2009, 05:56 PM - 1 Like   #9
Inactive Account

DNG files

Hello

I am new to the world of digital photography. I have a version of Photoshop CS and I have access to CS2. I have taken several pictures as a DNG on my K10D and no matter what I do I can not seem to open them in photoshop. I have been trying to open them as I would a normal jpg file. I looked at the different format ext listed in CS and DNG does not appear to be there. Could some one please give me a step by step instruction on how to open up DNG files in photoshop.
Thankyou for your help
02-22-2009, 06:52 PM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What a great idea!!!
04-26-2009, 09:29 AM - 1 Like   #11

Screen of Konica Minolta DiMAGE E50 damaged

Who can one approach in South Africa to repair the screen of my trusty Konica Minolta?
04-26-2009, 09:33 AM - 1 Like   #12

Can old lenses be used by new digital cameras

The lenses of my old Konica Autoreflex T3 are still in immaculate condition. Can one use it on a modern digital camera and what type use the 50mm bayonet type connection?
04-26-2009, 11:12 AM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dewaldvdm Quote
The lenses of my old Konica Autoreflex T3 are still in immaculate condition. Can one use it on a modern digital camera and what type use the 50mm bayonet type connection?
Hi, this is the 'about this board' thread, so you might want to put your posts elsewhere... maybe in 'off topic' since this is a Pentax place, but maybe someone here knows about if Konica adapts to anything. You might try looking for a Konica fan site, they made some cameras people still love.

To my recollection, that series had its own mount, which went away when Konica stopped making its own SLRs and merged with Minolta, so there's certainly nothing current that'll fit them. (Minolta, themselves, changed mounts when they went autofocus.)

Some combinations of cameras and lenses can adapt, (and without being too much of a hassle/compromising quality) but rarely so with bayonets, and it's probably just more worthwhile to obtain your favorites in a mount that fits a nice digital.

If you like old lenses, though, you're in a good place, Pentax digitals work well with classic screw-mount lenses, which are widely available and cheap and lovely, (for the price of an inexpensive adapter,) and work directly with the K mount bayonet lenses, ...between the lot, you could probably find something you like at least as well as your Hexanons and that won't need as much fuss about adapters.

The moderators might move these posts, keep an eye on your 'private messages,' those will say where they went, if so.
04-26-2009, 11:38 AM - 1 Like   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I'm going to go ahead and close this thread, since like you said, it isn't intended for discussion. If you have a question, please post a new thread in this forum.

Thanks!

Adam

04-21-2018, 05:26 PM - 2 Likes   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SharkyCA Quote
Hello Adam,

I was looking for "lens profiles" to download and came across this link which you may want to add to the above list, I could'nt find an appropriate thread to add it to.

PENTAX Lens Technology / Lenses / Products | RICOH IMAGING
Added- thank you!

Adam