Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
External light/flash meters useful?

I have acquired a Gossen Luna-Star F light and flash meter. It was around $350 new some number of years ago. I now have a K200d. Do I have any real usefullness out of the Gossen meter? I really don't plan on much, if any, studio shooting. Someone has offered me $80 to $100 for it. Should I just take the money, or would this meter be useful for me with the K200d?

02-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drjaxon Quote
I have acquired a Gossen Luna-Star F light and flash meter. It was around $350 new some number of years ago. I now have a K200d. Do I have any real usefullness out of the Gossen meter? I really don't plan on much, if any, studio shooting. Someone has offered me $80 to $100 for it. Should I just take the money, or would this meter be useful for me with the K200d?
its usefull in some cases to measure ambient light rather than reflective, i would keep it, since you have it.
02-02-2009, 04:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I would also keep it. If you eventually try a multi flash set-up, it will be invaluable in figuring your light ratio. That said, if you don't want it anymore, I could always use a back up (just in case).
02-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yves, what kinda offer you wanna make for the Gossen? It is practically like new, rarely used, has all parts, original box with instructions, and a soft case.

Thanks for the advice. I guess if the price is right... I still need to buy 1 flash, before I think about using multiple.

02-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks.

Thank you for your replies and advice. I decided that I could use the $100 towards a new flash and get more use out of that than the light meter. So I went ahead and sold it.