Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #1

Trouble with focusing indicator!?

Hey guys/gals (it's me again)

Do any of you having trouble keeping the green focus indicator on/steady on and not the red focus position indicator? I'm learning the art of manual lenses on a K200d with a couple Tak's, M-lenses and some A-lenses and was wondering if I'm doing something wrong!? Yes, I have caught the LBA disease I believe!

I also haven't switched my m42 adaptor and tried this on my K110d yet to compare between the two body's and see if it's just the camera. Probably not, I'm thinking, since the K200d has AS and the body I mostly use all the time.

Or, maybe I'm destined to look into a new focus screen or something but when using a AF lens on my K200d, my green indicator will be on steady unless I do something drastic (aka fall on ice or something else when I'm focusing). When I use the older lenses, I can breathe it seems and it will go in and out of focus. Is that normal?

Can you give me a how-to on what you do with manual lenses and how you go about focusing?

Or, maybe this almost 40 year old (cringe shake and all that) might need to get some glasses when shooting pics!?

Sorry for the long post, I really tried to limit the adlib.

Steve

02-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #2

Original Poster
Oops!!! I think this should've gone into another area...SORRY, my dog did it

Admin's can you move it for me? Thanks
02-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I would have to double-check what's going on with the green in-focus indicator but I suspect that I too have a tough time maintaining focus lock with manual focus lenses. I tend to use manual focus mode with manual lenses so not maintaining that indicator doesn't prevent shutter release.

You may be seing this because with an AF lens & AF.S, once you acquire lock it will be maintained as long as you hold the AF button down (or shutter half-press). I'm not sure this is the case with MF lenses.
02-03-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I kind of go by eye in manual and the green hex is there sometimes and others its not. I was shooting some kids playing hockey last weekend and just focused by eye and shot away. I didn't have time to look. Most shots came out ok. It was also outside, sunny and I was shooting at f/8 and f/11 so I had pretty good depth of field, even with the 135 mm. With a wide open apterture, focusing would more critical. I'm planning on getting a Katz Eye soon as most users seem very happy with it but have been getting along without one, even with somewhat bad eyesight. My distance vision is still pretty good though.