Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ntx Quote
First of all: thanks for all your answers. I think I'll become a Pentax user.
I forgot an important thing to ask: I wear glasses (and that's why I looked at first to cameras that have live view) and I would like to know how's comfortable the k200d viewfinder. I'll be sure that I would not use the diopters adjustment... I can't take-off the glasses every time I have to take a photo.

Thank again,
Jenner
Other people can, I am sure, give detailed information, but I remember trying an early Pentax DLSR and found the viewfinder size to a real problem wearing glasses - so that was why I waited until the KD10 came out, and I am fine with that (OK, I bought a GX10 because it was cheaper & 2yr warrantee, but "same difference! ).

Therefore it would be relevant to know if the KD200, which is a smaller camera, has inherited the problem from the early models, or whether the viewfinder is similar to the KD10/KD20?

02-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
I don't wear glasses myself. However, my father and I went out shooting last weekend and he does wear glasses. He, at first, naturally assumed that he needed to take his glasses off to shoot. However, after I suggested he try to leave them on, he did so for the rest of the day. He did not complain and didn't need to take them off. So, that could be good news. Anybody else out there wearing glasses while using the K200D?

Jason

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
Other people can, I am sure, give detailed information, but I remember trying an early Pentax DLSR and found the viewfinder size to a real problem wearing glasses - so that was why I waited until the KD10 came out, and I am fine with that (OK, I bought a GX10 because it was cheaper & 2yr warrantee, but "same difference! ).

Therefore it would be relevant to know if the KD200, which is a smaller camera, has inherited the problem from the early models, or whether the viewfinder is similar to the KD10/KD20?
02-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ntx Quote
First of all: thanks for all your answers. I think I'll become a Pentax user.
I forgot an important thing to ask: I wear glasses (and that's why I looked at first to cameras that have live view) and I would like to know how's comfortable the k200d viewfinder. I'll be sure that I would not use the diopters adjustment... I can't take-off the glasses every time I have to take a photo.

Thank again,
Jenner
I wear glasses, and have no problem seeing the entire viewfinder, including the info panel, on my K10D. The difference would be the brightness and magnification of the image itself in the viewfinder - at least I think the K200D has a penta-mirror rather than a penta-prism.