Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2009, 04:32 AM   #1

Image not saved?

Hi, new to forum and K200D - only got it yesterday.

Wonder if I could ask for a bit of guidance - I've taken some photos and they've saved to the 4GB HCSD card then I upload them to laptop, fine. Go and take some more, repeat process and then the camera says "image not saved" - argh, why? What am I doing wrong?

Please help!

Thanks

KOJ

02-08-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I had that happen once with a Patriot 8GB SDHC card. I don't know what causes it, but I've never had a problem with Sandisk cards so I am wondering if there is a problem with the architecture in the inexpensive cards.
I think all you can do is make sure you format the card every time you put it into the camera and hope it doesn't repeat.
02-08-2009, 09:28 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
You are doing nothing wrong. My K200D did the same thing when using Kensington 4Gig SDHC cards. Corrupted data every time I burst shot three in a row. When I switched to Crucial 4Gig SDHC cards the problem went away. It's something between the K200D write speed and the controller on the card.
02-08-2009, 10:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kateowenjones Quote
Hi, new to forum and K200D - only got it yesterday.

Wonder if I could ask for a bit of guidance - I've taken some photos and they've saved to the 4GB HCSD card then I upload them to laptop, fine. Go and take some more, repeat process and then the camera says "image not saved" - argh, why? What am I doing wrong?

Please help!

Thanks

KOJ
Same thing has happened to me once about a year ago, but it was from my Optio Wpi point & shoot. At that moment, not only pictures were not saved, but also a few of other pictures already taken got corrupted. Bottom line: It was the memory card which got corrupted. It was an e-film 512 Mb card. Hopefully, it had a lifetime guarantee and when I told the guy at the camera shop what happened, he instantly replaced it with a brand new 1 Gb card (because he had no 512 Mb's in inventory).

When something like this happens, its better to toss the faulty card than to try to repair it. I do not feel comfortable knowing my memory card can screw up things any moment.

02-08-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I had the same problem with a Tomato brand card.
When I reported the problem, the store replaced the card with a Sandisk Ultra II card. They no longer stock the Tomato brand due to the number of problems reported.

I now only use Sandisk cards and have NEVER had a problem with them.

Last edited by rayallen; 02-08-2009 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Added more information re card relacement.