Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I've just today found this set of posts, and i'm also a new DSLR/SLR Pentax camera owner. From the help very helpful advice i've also bought the rocket blower cleaner kit from ebay. (Cameta Cameras has a kit for a good price & i've dealt with them for all my camera accessory needs).

vk4akp: Thank you for bringing up questions I had not thought to ask. You've helped me to get supplies I should have bought before now.

To the rest of the post-ers in this thread, I also thank you, for giving great advice & the reasons WHY you went with the choices you give.

02-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #17
graphicgr8s

Scott Kelby's 2 books on digital photography.
02-27-2009, 07:49 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Scott Kelby's 2 books on digital photography.
Might as well add Bryan Petersons "Understanding Exposure" too.
02-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Remember that the books can be had from the local library as well (where I read mine), so you can save up for other accesories. Depending on your city they may be on high demand, though. I'm on waitlist in the Halifax Library because I want to lend the books to my friend... They're really good books to have though =)

02-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
The Internet is a great & free learning resource.

Yes I must admit that books and other learning aids are last on my list. I find these things far too expensive these days and most of it can be had on the internet. Youtube has been a wonderful source of information for me with photography. As specially since I'm so new to it all.

The local camera stores want $95 or more a hour for basic tutorial classes.

There's nothing better then having a book that you can lay in bed of a night and flick through or read. But oh well. The times are a changing.

Chalian, no worries on bringing up some useful questions. I'm glad this new photo n00b was able to assist in be it such a small way. hehe.

Also shop around, Cameta Camera's prices are far from the best I have seen on EBay.

Some more info.

I'm still researching items. For me space has always been an issue. And when transporting a bag of camera gear it's best to keep the kit size down if possible.

I have now found out that the lens pen comes in different sizes. The basic one is quiet large. The Lens Pen MiniPro II is much smaller.

The rocket blower comes in 3 sizes. And the common one on EBay is huge! Some 19cm long. So a big item taking up space in the kit bag. Mind you it may also work much better?? I don't know. (Feedback needed here)

3M seem to make the nicest reusable and washable lens cloth I have found so far.

Memory cards, still looking and deciding.

Filters, still searching. Although I am now wondering about Wallmart. I have some friends in the USA that might be able to buy and ship for me.

.-.-.