Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #1

Dads old equipment

Hi i have my Dads older well used equipment that I would like to find out what would be the best way to sell, unfortunately I have next to 0 knowledge. I have a Pentax k 100 d, I have been trying some of the lens on this, and have found a couple that work, but I really am not sure what I have, I know that there are different mounts, with the screw mounts I know that I would need to buy an adapter so I feel that rather than invest in this I would sell the camera and screw mount lens.

Spotmatic Camera with lens
vivitar Auto 2x custom teleconverter
Juplen Telephoto 135
Soligor 135
Tamron Auto 135 58mm
Samigon 500 mm

I guess I need to know what other information I would need to post these for sale.

Thanks for any help

03-05-2009, 09:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There are some reviews of 3rd party lenses @ the first link below, and the second link will take you to our Marketplace where you can advertise for sale items. Be sure to read the conditions and rules for selling before you post--good luck.

PentaxForums.com Third-Party Pentax Lens Review Database - Main Index

The Photographer's Marketplace - PentaxForums.com
03-06-2009, 03:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DADS1999 Quote

...Juplen Telephoto 135

I guess I need to know what other information I would need to post these for sale.

Thanks for any help
Hi

Jupiter-11A 135mm f/4 M42 | Jupiter, Lens, Great, Jupitera, Much | Manual Focus Lenses

If it's Jupiter 11A 135mm f4 it's a great lens.
I have two of them, on m42 and on k mount (custom)

good luck
03-10-2009, 08:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Normally most buyers would want to know the maximum aperture for lenses, and which lens is on the spotmatic--and also the particular model of spotmatic if appropriate.

An adapter is a small investment though.

03-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies, I am not sure what the aperture is, the lens on the spot matic is a super takumar 1:1.8/55 and the spotmatic has a F after it. As you can see I am pretty green
03-22-2009, 09:30 AM   #6
Veteran Member

The lens will have something along the lines of "1:1.8" (like that takumar lens on the spotmatic) or "1:3.5-5.6" (this is what it says on the lens that - probably - came with your k100d) on its front end. This number is the aperture.

This number tells you how far the diaphragm can open up. The lower the number the bigger the opening, the more light can enter the camera, the better you can take a picture under low-light circumstances.
03-22-2009, 11:22 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Adapters are around $30.

Buy one. Use the stuff. Learn with it.

Unless grinding poverty is forcing you to sell this stuff RIGHT NOW then you can always sell it later on if you decide you don't like it. You can even sell the adapter.

Selling it before you try it out will be like the girl you wanted to ask to the prom but didn't.....you'll always wonder what would have happened, but the chance will be irretrievably gone.

Don't get in a rush.

03-22-2009, 11:44 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here is the Lens Review Database link for the Pentax Lens. Most people here think it is a very good lens.

Super Takumar 55/1.8

Here are some links about the Spotmatic F - I have one and I love it. Made beginning in 1973, it was one of the first Pentax cameras to offer full-aperture metering. It cost $600 THEN, with the S-M-C 50mm f/1.4 lens.

Spotmatic F

Asahi Optical Historical Club Screwmount Bodies

Here's a place to learn about your Tamron lens (it might be an F-System lens, but I doubt it).

Tamron Adapt-A-Matic Lenses
Tamron Adapt-A-Matic 135mm F/2.8 Model JSG-28Au

"Tamron's Adapt-A-Matic lenses are interesting collector's items in that they represent the industry's last generation of non-computer optimized optical designs."

You have a nice kit here to start learning about photography with. The value of these items is related to their condition and whether you can find people who are interested in old Pentax equipment - not all of us are - and whether you have something that someone who does like old stuff doesn't already have.

Here's a place to get your Spotmatic F back in as-new operating condition for not much money - and we all use this person to repair and clean our cameras - he is the best in North America.

Pentax Camera Service - Eric Hendrickson