Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Broken Autofocus?

Hi, I hope it doesn't look too bad that my first post is asking for help. Haha.
My friend accidentally knocked my k200 off of a table. I picked it up and everything seemed to be okay, except that the 'input focal length' screen came up when I turned it on. My lens is a 50/1.4 FA and it had never done this before. The f-stop won't show up on the camera and I can't autofocus anymore.
It isn't a huge deal since I've had to learn how to manually do everything, but I'd like to know if this is a problem that is fixable without me having to bring it to a shop since there aren't any nearby. I don't have any other lenses, so I don't know if it is the lens or the body.
Thanks in advance. (:

03-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Have you tried taking the lens off of the body and putting it back on? It sounds like the lens isn't mounted well and the contacts aren't matching up. I'm sorry about the fall... that certainly makes the heart stop, doesn't it?
03-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
Kiz
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Yeah, it really did. It was second time it fell...The first time was worse, but nothing broke.
I've tried taking the lens off and putting it back on a few times. No dice.
03-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Check the contacts on the lens and the camera, and also make sure that the aperture ring on your FA50 didn't accidentally switch from A to a set aperture.