Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
dust on my focusing screen?

So I was out shooting in the light rain and I appear to have gotten something on my focusing screen, maybe?? It looks like a small thread, but it does not appear in my images.. I just see it in the viewfinder. And I've cleaned the outside of my viewfinder, but it persists...

So my questions are... 1) Is it on my focusing screen? 2) How did it get there, I never took off the lens.... 3) How do I get rid of it???

Thanks!!

Ken

03-17-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
Damn Brit

If it's on the focusing screen, it's hard to get at and if it's not affecting the pictures, I wouldn't worry. It could be a plastic sliver that has been floating around since manufacture.
Try using a rocket blower to see if that moves it.
03-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
Inactive Account

You'll ideally need the pentax focusing screen tweezers; they'll release the catch and let you pull the screen out through the lens throat by a little tab.

Hold it up by the tweezers and use a rocket/hurricane blower, blow like mad, blow the inside of the prism/mirror box, lay screen in retaining clip, push clip until it locks.

NEVER touch the focusing screen with a cloth, q-tip, brush or moisture, or of course, fingers...

it's a delicate operation that risks you scratching the screen, mirror or prism. be careful.