Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2009, 07:00 AM   #1

Taking pictures thorugh a boroscope?

I don't know if there's such a thing as a lens/device that allows taking pictures of things accessible only through small openings, such as automotive piston tops or ear drums. Actually, I'd like to see what my ear drum looks like without trying to convince a doctor at $30 a pop why. Is that an entirely different branch of photography, and if so, what's it called?

JazzMan

03-20-2009, 07:20 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PFFJazzMan Quote
I don't know if there's such a thing as a lens/device that allows taking pictures of things accessible only through small openings, such as automotive piston tops or ear drums. Actually, I'd like to see what my ear drum looks like without trying to convince a doctor at $30 a pop why. Is that an entirely different branch of photography, and if so, what's it called?

JazzMan
A quick look on ebay for borescope or endoscope results in many hits. It appears that one can get started inexpensively depending on the resolution desired.

There is a big resolution difference between rigid & flexible scopes (like a factor of 10).

Good luck & keep us posted (Is there anything you'd like to do in particular?)

Dave

Last edited by newarts; 03-20-2009 at 07:31 AM.
03-20-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Just be careful where you put that thing. You start with ears, then noses, then navels, and it's all downhill from there. Orifice pr0n, ay yi yi!
03-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

If you are serious, buy a Boroscope for photography. I once used one from Olympus (on my Pentax), which was fine, though I did not image my interiors with it - more for technical application. Prices vary widely and you get what you pay for.

Ben

03-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #5
Snaffles

your having a laugh?? or are you an agent for silly replies-lol
03-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

JazzMan
Just think of the money you will save! A colonoscopy costs a couple of grand. (note: See Snaffles reply)
03-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

After you do your ear you do your own colonoscopy...

Damn - Reeftool beat me to it.
03-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #8

Original Poster
Hahahah...

I wasn't planning on doing my own colonoscopy, though if I had access to the equipment I'd be more than happy to do a DIY pill camera exam. My first use would probably be for ear drum imaging, then next would be microscope work (insects, etc.) and mechanical work.

I'll try googling boroscope and olympus. Would there be a particular keyword to search for to narrow it down to what will fit on my K100D?

03-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
After you do your ear you do your own colonoscopy...

Damn - Reeftool beat me to it.
I thought olympus colonoscope is the best in the field!
03-30-2009, 01:27 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I wasn't planning on doing my own colonoscopy, though if I had access to the equipment I'd be more than happy to do a DIY pill camera exam. My first use would probably be for ear drum imaging, then next would be microscope work (insects, etc.) and mechanical work.

I'll try googling boroscope and olympus. Would there be a particular keyword to search for to narrow it down to what will fit on my K100D?
If I remember rightly, the Olys have a T2 thread and you would just use a standard T2-K adapter. No need for searching the web, by the way, Olympus does have a website.

Ben