Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2009, 03:35 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
So it should be ok to carry lenses like that?

Uncapped front and back?
I think it depends on the situation.
When I was in one of the local botanical gardens I had to change lenses a lot. After the 5th change I just put the lens back to the bag without front and rear caps. Changing lenses was faster and much easier without the caps.

05-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by simico Quote
I think it depends on the situation.
When I was in one of the local botanical gardens I had to change lenses a lot. After the 5th change I just put the lens back to the bag without front and rear caps. Changing lenses was faster and much easier without the caps.
My thoughts exactly.
05-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't like putting a lens anywhere without the rear cap, as the aperture lever seems potentially fragile. But my lenses go into my bag vertically, front element to the top - so it's not going to make contact with anything. I have no problems with putting a lens in my bag without a front cap if I'm in an environment where I'm making lots of changes. The photo vest I sometimes wear if I don't mind looking like a geek has pockets that also seem fine to me for a lens stored horizontally with no caps - especially if there is a hood. The hood on the DA40 seems to protect well enough that I almost never put the cap on while I have the camera out of the bag.