Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photo Browser question

Good day all,
Well I am slowly getting use to my k200D and so far I like it. Mostly shooting in P mode .
I have a question regarding the Photo Browser and laboratory program that came with the camera. can I install the Photo browser without it automatically transferring all of my existing photos that I have in an other program? In other words I only want the new pictures from my camera in the Pentax program.
I am using a Mac computer with iPhoto if that makes a difference.
Thanks for your help.

03-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Photo Browser is just that - a browser. I shows you what is alreayd on your computer, but unless you ask it to, it doesn't "transfer" anything. Any image that is on your computer can be seen by any application that is on your computer; no "transfer" is ever necessary.
03-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #3

Right; it's not one of those programs that will search your computer and pull everything into its own library. It doesn't even have a library.
03-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Quension Quote
Right; it's not one of those programs that will search your computer and pull everything into its own library. It doesn't even have a library.
True. But even programs that do have a library don't actually *do* anything with your pictures. Your pictures remains exactly where they were and are not modified in any way. All that happens is that some information is recorded about those files in a database. Unless the program is severely broken, it's an entirely harmless operation, and in no way affects your ability to use the files in whatever application you had previously used to access those files. Some programs, though, do kind of make a nuisance of themselves just *telling* you about the information they are collecting, and in some of those programs the operation can bring a computer to its knees while it is being performed. Others try to be more clever and only collect info as needed.

03-26-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for your replies,
Just did not want any problems if I wanted to install it and if I did not like it I could remove the program without loosing pictures from my iPhoto library.
I went out today and got some pictures of buffalo so as soon as i can figure out how to post the pictures I will. I got as close as I could with Kit lens.
Thanks again.