Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
Inactive Account

help needed on sharpness setting on k20d

Hi All
I wonder if someone can help me understand the sharpness/fine sharpness setting on the K20D.
If i set the sharpness to say +3 then it seems that the fine sharpness also moves to +3 and you cannot set them independently of each other.
Maybe i am missing something or are they supposed to be like that and if so why have two controls when moving either does the same thing.
This is my first post and i have only had the K20d for a couple of days so forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Steve

04-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by steve147 Quote
Hi All
I wonder if someone can help me understand the sharpness/fine sharpness setting on the K20D.
If i set the sharpness to say +3 then it seems that the fine sharpness also moves to +3 and you cannot set them independently of each other.
You either use Fine or the standard sharpening, not both at the same time. I think the DPR review explains the two settings pretty well.
04-05-2009, 02:22 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by poco Quote
You either use Fine or the standard sharpening, not both at the same time. I think the DPR review explains the two settings pretty well.
Thanks Poco
The manual was not very clear on this and i spent a long time on Google without any success but the link you supplied says it all , i thought there must have been a simple explanation.

Cheers
Steve
04-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I also relied on the DPR explanation and experimented myself. Fine Sharpness does produce fine edges with virtually no halos. My normal setting is now Sharpness=0 and Fine Sharpness on.

11-11-2009, 11:28 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Where do you even find these sharpness settings? I can't find them in any menus.
11-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
On the K20D, hit the Fn button, then the OK button and it will take you to the custom image settings for JPEG conversion, with sliders for saturation, hue, contrast and sharpness.
11-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by azcavalier Quote
Where do you even find these sharpness settings? I can't find them in any menus.
When you are in the sharpness setting use the rear control wheel to get to the fine sharpness setting.