Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Lense help.. I don't know what these are..

These are sigmas.. Idk if there for Film or DSLR?

Sorry for the bad pic quality..

There 50mms.. & if ya find a better quality pic please post..

http://webmail.aol.com/42169/aim/en-us/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=1.239868...Inbox&partId=2

04-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Your link doesn't work. But any lens that works with a Pentax film SLR will work with digital too.
04-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
http://i40.tinypic.com/155pi55.jpg
04-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #4

That picture is blurry, cant recognize anything.. Seems like it focus more on the thing in the back, you're too close to the lens maybe. Anyway it's better to show the back of the lens to see the mount and confirm it's Pentax mount or not

04-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Yep, those are pretty bad quality shots, all right!

I can't really tell from the photo, but Marc is right in that the same lens mount is used for both the film and digital cameras, so lenses for one will fit the other. In fact even the really old screw mount lenses will work on the digital cameras with an adapter.

Older lenses may not have automatic focus or automatic aperture, but you can still use them manually, just as they were used on film cameras.
04-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I can't make out the picture, either. Judging by the colors, and the (apparent) A/M aperture switch near the top, it looks like a Ricoh/Sears 28mm or 50mm in M42 screw mount. Just a guess though...
04-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Your link doesn't work. But any lens that works with a Pentax film SLR will work with digital too.
Careful with that quip, Marc. I can send you a Kalimar 28-200 zoom that mounts and works just fine on my Super Program but you can't mount it on a Pentax DSLR - or any body with the power zoom / SDM contacts. A few minutes with a Dremel tool and/or a file and you can though.

I can't tell a thing from that photo though except it definitely looks like it says 50mm, or maybe 35, or is it 28....

04-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It doesn't look like a Pentax lens to me. Red/orange dot is in the wrong place. Maby Yashica?
04-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
Careful with that quip, Marc. I can send you a Kalimar 28-200 zoom that mounts and works just fine on my Super Program but you can't mount it on a Pentax DSLR - or any body with the power zoom / SDM contacts. A few minutes with a Dremel tool and/or a file and you can though.

I can't tell a thing from that photo though except it definitely looks like it says 50mm, or maybe 35, or is it 28....
Yeah, and don't forget about the infamous Ricoh pin. You can mount one, but you may never get it off!

(pin is easy to remove, though)
04-08-2009, 07:55 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OregonJim Quote
Yeah, and don't forget about the infamous Ricoh pin. You can mount one, but you may never get it off!

Can anyone give more info on this about the ricoh pin?
Do we have any DIY here in the forums that like tells you how to be careful about the ricoh lens and how to take out this specific pin?
This is kinda scary for those who don't know about it and will get a ricoh lens on and not to be able to get it out!
Yaiiks!
04-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #11
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
Do we have any DIY here in the forums that like tells you how to be careful about the ricoh lens and how to take out this specific pin?
This is kinda scary for those who don't know about it and will get a ricoh lens on and not to be able to get it out!
Yaiiks!
See this thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/46816-all-righ...ens-stuck.html
04-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
Yaiiks!
There's a pretty good how-to here.
04-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I wasn't referring to the pin. On the Kalimar I have the bayonet itself is very wide and bodies with the PZ/SDM contacts (KAF mount? I still can't keep them all straight in my head) can not mount these lenses without performing some drastic surgery on the bayonet itself.

It works just fine and dandy on my Super Program, but it won't even slide into the mount flush on either the PZ-1 or K20D.

Here's a closeup to show what I'm talking about:
[imgwideleft]http://www.perzactly.com/posts/2009/04/08/JDG06724.jpg[/imgwideleft]
04-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
I wasn't referring to the pin. On the Kalimar I have the bayonet itself is very wide and bodies with the PZ/SDM contacts (KAF mount? I still can't keep them all straight in my head) can not mount these lenses without performing some drastic surgery on the bayonet itself.

It works just fine and dandy on my Super Program, but it won't even slide into the mount flush on either the PZ-1 or K20D.

Here's a closeup to show what I'm talking about:
[imgwideleft]http://www.perzactly.com/posts/2009/04/08/JDG06724.jpg[/imgwideleft]
I know - I was replying to someone else - just quoted your advice for context. What you have is a different problem (which is also covered in the link I posted near the end).

You need to either remove the black flange, or cut it to a smaller size. There are a few lenses like this (mostly Vivitars).
04-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #15
Veteran Member

I know - I was replying to someone else - just quoted your advice for context.
Oops. that first "and" zipped by me and changed the context of your reply completely.

Ah well, at least there's a photographic example of the flange.