Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
jeagle

Lens Mounts (AF/KAF2)

Hello all
This may seem like a silly question, but if you don't ask then you may never find the answer.
I am looking a purchasing a new lens (either Tamron or Sigma) for my K20D. Question is that these lenses have an compatible Pentax AF mount which I know will fit the KAF2 mount, but will any of the functions (auto/manual focus, M, TAv, Av, etc) be restricted or limited with lenses that have an AF mount.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

Cheers
Glenn

04-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter

No, they should work just fine.
04-08-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
jeagle

Thank you John
04-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
In theory someone could probably create an AF lens that lacked auto-exposure (ability to work with the various modes like P, Av, Tv, etc). But as far as I know, there exists no lens like that. All auto focus lenses for Pentax are also auto exposure. The reverse is *not* true - there are lenses that have auto-exposure functionality but not AF. Those include all lenses marked "Pentax-A" or that list their mount type as PKA (I think). In practice, I don't think there are too many of those out there aside from the Pentax-A lenses, but there are a few at least.

04-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
In theory someone could probably create an AF lens that lacked auto-exposure (ability to work with the various modes like P, Av, Tv, etc). But as far as I know, there exists no lens like that. All auto focus lenses for Pentax are also auto exposure. The reverse is *not* true - there are lenses that have auto-exposure functionality but not AF. Those include all lenses marked "Pentax-A" or that list their mount type as PKA (I think). In practice, I don't think there are too many of those out there aside from the Pentax-A lenses, but there are a few at least.
Yes. I have a KA 75-200 f4.5. Is a MF lens with AE functions. It is a push pull design and is one of my favorates.