Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #1

Duh....Does the K20D "body only" from Amazon include a battery & Charger

I sent Amazon an email asking them and they didn't have a clue. Geez, first question I ever asked them and they are scratching their head.

I'll be pacing at the lab waiting for the UPS delivery on Tuesday, so imagine my frustration if a battery/charger ISN'T included!

The Pentax website states that it DOES come with battery, charger, software, etc; but I don't really know where Amazon got it from.

Does anyone know?

04-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Body-only means the regular, complete package that contains the Pentax K20D and the associated accessories (cables, charger, battery, literature, software).

Kit means additional boxes that contain a lens, or two boxes with two lenses, or a box with a flash, or whatever. When you buy a "kit" you get more than one box, not a bigger box with more stuff in it. They're the same packages as if you had purchased each item separately.

Amazon and their resellers sell complete, as delivered by the manufacturer items, unless otherwise stated. Usually there is a "What's in the Box" link on the sale page.

Besides, you can just return it for a full refund if it isn't what you thought.
04-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
When they say "body only", they just mean, as opposed to including a lens. The body and lens normally come in separate boxes that are sometimes packaged and sold together, but the box containing the body contains the battery, software, etc.
04-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #4
Damn Brit

You could have tried reading the product description it's quicker and easier than emailing amazon.
Last line of product description; Loaded and ready - 28.2 oz Uses and includes Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery D-LI50 (39581) with Charger

04-12-2009, 10:00 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
You could have tried reading the product description it's quicker and easier than emailing amazon.
Last line of product description; Loaded and ready - 28.2 oz Uses and includes Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery D-LI50 (39581) with Charger
I DID read their description. Their descriptions are often erroneous, especially lately. I LOVE Amazon, not a complaint. But, if it was a succinct and correct product description it would have also mentioned the software, cables, etc. There was enough verbiage on that page to choke a horse. By ONLY mentioning the one word "includes," and the poor wording of the product description (that was more of a commercial), I felt I had a reasonable doubt to wonder.

Thanks to all of you for your speedy answers!
04-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #6
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by pardes Quote
I DID read their description. Their descriptions are often erroneous, especially lately. I LOVE Amazon, not a complaint. But, if it was a succinct and correct product description it would have also mentioned the software, cables, etc. There was enough verbiage on that page to choke a horse. By ONLY mentioning the one word "includes," and the poor wording of the product description (that was more of a commercial), I felt I had a reasonable doubt to wonder.

Thanks to all of you for your speedy answers!
I hate Amazon but at least they can be trusted to sell legitimate goods.
04-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I hate Amazon but at least they can be trusted to sell legitimate goods.
Amazon is OK (usually), but some of those eBay sellers (and even some 'legitimate' camera shops) will pull the old bait & switch. "You'll need a battery for this - it will be $79 extra. Oh, you want a charger? Add $129. Can I interest you in a neck strap and hotshoe cover? On sale today only - $29 for the pair".

There's one born every minute.
04-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #8
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by OregonJim Quote
Amazon is OK (usually), but some of those eBay sellers (and even some 'legitimate' camera shops) will pull the old bait & switch. "You'll need a battery for this - it will be $79 extra. Oh, you want a charger? Add $129. Can I interest you in a neck strap and hotshoe cover? On sale today only - $29 for the pair".

There's one born every minute.
I've never had a problem with their service and goods but I still don't like them.

04-13-2009, 12:23 PM   #9

Original Poster
I've never had a problem with their service and goods but I still don't like them.
Okay, I give up. Why don't you like them?
04-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I'm assuming he is saying that he doesn't like those that "OregonJim" is talking about.
Those that pull the "bait and switch" thingy (not Amazon).
Usually amazon can be trusted and I have dealt with them with some purchases.
04-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #11
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by pardes Quote
Okay, I give up. Why don't you like them?
I have issues with some of the material they sell.
Nothing to do with sellers who sell through Amazon.
04-13-2009, 06:27 PM   #12
Forum Member

amazon did me right

They listed sdhc card with reader on their site. Pics of both and the reviews were for both. But when I received my order, got card only. The dealer blew me off. Went back to web page and they changed the picture to just the card but the reviews were still for both. Email amazon and they refunded my money and gave me the card. The dealer is pissed as I left them a bad review.