Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
Inactive Account

where to start

I found an old pentax lx film camera when i was moving out. It had 2 lens. I think 1 is a 70mm and the other is a 70-210 lens. Theres this metel thing with a glass peace in it that i can unscrew from the lens, i dont know what its called or what it does. When i started playing around with it i realized with both lens i needed to be far away from the object to take pictures. I was hoping you guys could guide me in the right direction on how to use this camera.

05-01-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Try this; http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/manual/LX.pdf
05-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The bit you could remove was a lens filter and could have any of several different uses, depending on what type it was.

The way your post is written it sounds like the lenses are focuses to infinity and you have no idea how to focus them. Do you have any experience with manual focus lenses or with film SLR cameras?
05-02-2009, 07:40 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
i have no experience at all with manual focus lenses or slr cameras.

05-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'd say step one is a basic book on photography - there are dozens in any bookstore or library. Once you udnerstand the basics of what aperture, shutter speed, and ISO are, then it's just a matter of learnng how to control these using your particular camera, and then you can begin experimenting. That is to say, there is a lot to learn about the basics of photography first, but only a little to learn about how to work the camera. All cameras are essentially self-explanatory once you understand the fundamentals.