Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ltdstar Quote
Maybe he's just new to K20D but not in photography. He might have a background in film from a different system.
His Profile/AboutMe says "Budding Photographer Eager to learn!" so his experience appears scant. I'd been shooting for 15 years before doing my first wedding, and I still screwed it up 'cause I'd had no wedding experience. Enthusiasm and even talent just aren't enough. Like any professionals, wedding photographers have to deliver a competent product, and gaining that competence takes time and training. I really hope k20dnewb invests the time and effort to become a good craftsman.

05-12-2009, 10:42 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Well, the question seems to be moot as the OP has all but disappeared.

I hope he didn't get discouraged, as enthusiasm is helpful, especially in the beginning stages. And this forum is a great place to learn and grow, as long as your skin isn't too thin.

On the other hand, he may have been just a troll. Hope not.