Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Carl Ziess Exakta mount

Carl Ziess Exakta mount lenses is there a way to use these on my K100D,or change the mount to an m42.I have an Flek. 20/4 and a flek. 35. They were my fathers and I know they are pretty old.Thanks

05-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I'm afraid it is not possible

The distance from the bayonet flange (=lensback=camera mount plate) to the film/sensor plane is:
Exakta / Topcon: 44.7mm
Pentax K-mount: 45.5mm (the M42 mount has the same distance)
stolen from Lens mount - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The rule of thumb is you will not get a lens adapted that has a shorter register distance than the camera you want to put it on. That's why there are adapters
Exakta >> Olympus
Exakta >> Canon
available on the net but none to Pentax. Please note that the direction of adaption is all important, and many people mix that up.

If you are willing to tinker, go ahead, unscrew the lens backs and see if you can put a Pentax or M42 lensback on the lens which sits 0.8mm recessed on the lens.

Chances are better for the 35-Flek than for the 20-Flek, but that is just my guessing. I do not think that the 20-Flek would be a big revelation on the K100D. The 35-Flek could be quite good (the 35/2.8 Flek that is). However, the M42 Flek 35/2.4 MC is a real bomb but then people are willing to pay for it accordingly.

Sorry for long text .-)
Georg (the tinkerer)
05-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the info,I use alot of the m42 taks,but I found the Ziess lenses after I went thru my Dads stuff. I quess I'll put them on Ebay. After all I have a very bad case of LBA and these will finance my next fix. Again thanks