Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2009, 02:58 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LeoTaylor Quote
I wasn't aware that I had a problem.

Th 4 GB card works in my K110D astro camera, the one Pentax upgraded when it was sent in for a user caused repair. It won't work in my K100D because I chose to not upgrade because on occasion I like to use Remote Assistant. The K110D is clicking right beside me since I'm typing from my observatory as the camera records Messier 14.

Soon the ISS will pass over and I will appreciate having a lot of memory space.

I filed the broken tab fix some more and now the card will pop out normally. I still will keep it as a spare. Like Thesorus I don't want any superglue to fall off inside the camera.
Yeah you don't,but I did!Problem all fixed!

04-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #17

Warranty

I have 3 of these cards all 16GB class 10 (say class 6 but...read class 10 inside the camera.) and two brand names developed cracks. I was getting ready to glue but looked up mfg, just to complain and tell them how to redesign and discovered many of these All big brands like Adata, Transcend, Kingston have warrantees and if you bought after (don't hold me to this,) but around 2010 they are lifetime!

So I got two cards replaced.

Tape worked for the other one (brand X) actually says Digital Film and has a ® mark, but cannot find online. Anyone know them?), but it will go into a card reader and be a 'spare' since I use these with a $4,000 camera!
04-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Thesorus Quote
howdy'

I broke the "lock" tab on my SDHC card, it just disapeared; so the card is now "read-only".

Are there fixes that I can do to my card that will not damage the camera (k200d) ?

Thanks.

Max,
Sorry to say, but the electornics industry is about disposable.

Once an item has given its service life (ended by athe physical failure in this case) any work around is bothersome, likely to be unreliable and potentially the source of other difficulties. Best bet is to buy a replacement. Depending on where you are reasonable size SDHC (4G for example) can be bought as low as $10. At that price you can afford several in case the first one breaks. The resources consumed and other environmental effects offend me, but obviously not the shareholders of the electronics companies.

Also, I only use the card for capture and transfer to the computer. After which, back to the camera to be erased to start again. Therefore I never have a reson to move the protection switch. If I load a full card to the camera, nothing will happen, which will make me investigate if the pictures have been saved to computer. To erase pictures requires openign the picture view function, which is a kind of protection against accidentally erasing stuff.
04-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #19

warranty for SDHC flash cards

From Kingstons site: Duration of Warranty

Product Lifetime Warranty:1
The following Kingston products are covered by this warranty for the life of the product:

Memory modules including ValueRAM®, HyperX®, Retail Memory and Kingston system-specific memory; Flash memory cards (e.g., Secure Digital, Secure Digital HC and XC, CompactFlash, MultiMediaCard, SmartMedia) and Flash adapters.

Transcend and ADATA also have lifetime warranties.

I have had ADATA replace 2 cards for me for free. These cards both cracked near the locking tabs.

These companies offer this because they can recycle any flash chip. All they are going to do is put it in a new case and sell, or use it to construct a larger flash drive.

USE their warranties.

ADATA's process was painless.

04-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
having lost a couple of cards to lost tabs i put a tiny spot of superglue on all new cards , I started that 3 years ago and the cards have never given any problem nor have i had the glue come off.

I tried the tape method but it caused the problems described above, not worth the trouble, just glue them from new.
06-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
having lost a couple of cards to lost tabs i put a tiny spot of superglue on all new cards , I started that 3 years ago and the cards have never given any problem nor have i had the glue come off.

I tried the tape method but it caused the problems described above, not worth the trouble, just glue them from new.
Thought it couldn't hurt to bump this thread and say thanks to 'adwb' for the superglue suggestion. I have been having troubles with SDHC cards and I have been thinking a drop of glue would work and you just confirmed my idea...thanks again!