Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2009, 09:39 AM   #61
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not much any TC will effect the IQ but these 2 are very very good. You might loose a little detail but overall hard to tell unless you're going to crop the shots a lot.

05-25-2009, 11:42 AM   #62

Original Poster
Great, thanks, Peter

When I'm in the store, I'll tell the salesman I'd want to try it with the teleconverter attached as well as the Sigma lens. Too bad they close at 18:00, so only in the weekend it'll be possible to go..... unless I go tomorrow very quickly and postpone dinner. Better to skip a meal and sleep well at night, than to have a meal and not sleep well at all!

Btw, I talked to one of the salesman on the phone during a break today, and he couldn't tell me (of course) what I'd get by returning my 450D and two lenses. They look almost brandnew, and have been treated with care. Hopefully they'll give me a good price.
05-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #63

Original Poster
Well, I finally got 'em. The return money was almost the full amount so that's pretty good. Maybe you've seen the "Faulty shutter-release button?" thread ( https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/61823-faulty-sh...se-button.html )? I suppose it's normal that it's so sensitive.

I've been playing a bit with it, taking quick test shots, and I'm having a hard time getting used to it. I was looking for the DoF preview button, but couldn't find it. I found out it's at the on/off switch, but where's the option to make it behave like a DoF button? Didn't find anything at custom settings.

Also, I expanded the ISO range in the custom settings, but when I use TAv in low light, high ISO values aren't automatically reached. There's gotta be some option for that, or not?
05-29-2009, 02:52 PM   #64

QuoteOriginally posted by Mann Quote
I was looking for the DoF preview button, but couldn't find it. I found out it's at the on/off switch, but where's the option to make it behave like a DoF button?
Set Custom 30 to "optical", and then pull the switch past "on".

QuoteQuote:
Also, I expanded the ISO range in the custom settings, but when I use TAv in low light, high ISO values aren't automatically reached. There's gotta be some option for that, or not?
Make sure you've changed the upper limit for Auto ISO: Fn, Right, and the dials.

05-30-2009, 09:28 AM   #65

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Quension Quote
Set Custom 30 to "optical", and then pull the switch past "on".
Got it.

QuoteQuote:
Make sure you've changed the upper limit for Auto ISO: Fn, Right, and the dials.
That's what I tried, and it worked for a while. Now, even though it's still set the same, it doesn't seem to work. Maybe I'm forgetting something or doing something wrong? Auto ISO range seems to be set like this: minimum at 100, and maximum at 6400, assuming the greenish thing represents the range.

EDIT:
Never mind. I'm still in the process of converting my working mindset to Pentax.

Last edited by Mann; 05-30-2009 at 01:16 PM.
06-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #66

Original Poster
Great stuff

I've pretty much gotten used to my K20D now. There's probably things I'll find out along the way, but I'll get along with it now. I plan to keep this one for a while. I like it a lot. Consider me fully converted to Pentax!
06-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congratulations! The K20D is a super camera.
06-03-2009, 10:14 AM   #68
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's cool. Enjoy the new camera. There are tons of threads regarding features and don't hesitate to start a new thread if you have questions. A new thread is better than adding to an old one. Make sure you join the POTW and share some pictures!