Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Taking a breath...

in any case, the OP has a lot of good information to base his decision on, some of it that tries to answer his needs specifically, some that tries to expand the options a bit. It's all good.

NothinginCommon, if I had to choose from the list you provided, I'd go with the 16-50/2.8 and the 50/2.8 macro. The compromises with this combo are:

- 16-50mm is a little short for what most people consider a portrait lens. It'll work fine though. No problem for folks that you know, not long enough for unobtrusive candids though.

- 50mm macro should be ok for flowers but as others have mentioned, too short for moving critters.

Good luck with your choice and enjoy the new toys!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, lens, lenses, pentax help, photography, range