Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2009, 09:01 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
AF is faster (with more gusto). Despite the warning, I use rechargeable CRV3s (lithium ion) in my *istD with no issues. The camera is able to tolerate the slightly higher voltage. In fact, the DC in port (for external power supply to the camera) is rated at 6.5V. Lithium ion has a major advantage over NiMH batteries like eneloops since they don't suffer from the memory effect at all and have better charge retention. Plus I got the charger and 2 sets of CRV3s for just $21 (includes shipping) - just a few dollars more than an equivalent setup in NiMH batteries.

08-04-2009, 09:53 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Interesting find, with the k100d, duraloops do better than lithium and lithium CR-V3's!

however voltage is lower, so that will have an effect on flash recharge and AF probably
08-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #18
Veteran Member

forgot the link:
CandlePowerForums - View Single Post - eneloop vs. Kodak Pre-Charged Voltage Maintenance
08-06-2009, 02:21 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zarkon Quote
In fact, the DC in port (for external power supply to the camera) is rated at 6.5V.
I think the DC "in" port current/voltage rating is different from the battery compartment rating.
The DC "in" port might be the one with the voltage regulator rather than the battery compartment as batteries are already known to be regulated and output only a certain known voltage that is why it screws up the camera when an "unregulated" rechargeable CRV3 is used.
I may be wrong but that is how I see it and would rather err on the side of caution.