Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2009, 07:21 AM   #1

Saving rotation info

Every time I come back home with a batch of new pictures and load them onto my computer, the first thing I have to do is to rotate those taken in portrait orientation.

I find this rather annoying, especially since my K10D does remember the orientation correctly. Isn't there any way so that e.g. Windows or Adobe programs will immediately use the correct orientation?

Thanks in advance,
Pieter

PS: yes, in the custom settings both 'Auto image rotation' and 'Save rotation info' are set to their default ON setting

06-03-2009, 07:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pieter M Quote
Every time I come back home with a batch of new pictures and load them onto my computer, the first thing I have to do is to rotate those taken in portrait orientation.

I find this rather annoying, especially since my K10D does remember the orientation correctly. Isn't there any way so that e.g. Windows or Adobe programs will immediately use the correct orientation?

Thanks in advance,
Pieter

PS: yes, in the custom settings both 'Auto image rotation' and 'Save rotation info' are set to their default ON setting
My Adobe Lightroom does handle it well.
The same is true for Picasa. Just install Picasa 3 and use that viewer instead of Windows....

- Bert
06-04-2009, 03:18 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Definitely an image viewer problem (the viewer is ignoring the tag). What Windows version are you using? I'm on XP Pro and have used Vista and both use the rotation info for building thumbnails. I don't use the built in software for image viewing.
07-20-2009, 06:23 AM   #4

Original Poster
It was indeed an image viewer problem in Win XP. These responses led me to try Picasa, in turn leading me to my first positive experiences with image management and PP software, and currently I am discovering the 'joy' of raw and PPing

Thx!