Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #31

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
How about a NEW plan??

Well, I was drifting off yesterday evening and surfing through the TV channels and guess what I saw being advertised on QVC as there upcoming "Today's Special Value"?? A Pentax K20D with the 18-55 DA II lens....hmmmm.....$699 with easy pay, and I can send it back it it's too big or I don't like it......... I bought it. It was a bit of an impulse.....my bad.

I figure that I will hold it and play with it a bit and see how it feels. I'm concerned that it will be too big and heavy, but it's worth a try. ...I still want a longer range zoom walk around lens and a few primes, but that will come soon enough.

06-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
The next time you visit Texas, look me up! We can exhange ideas whle taking pics!
Appreciate the invite Rob. I'll try to remember that next time I go to Texas...

As to the OP, I think the K20D will do you good.
06-27-2009, 07:41 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Good for you! While it's certainly not the most lightweight camera, the feature set makes it worth lugging around.

One suggestion that I'll make that will help with the weight is to see about getting a better neck strap than the one that comes with it. I'm a fan of the OpTech straps; I currently have the Super Classic strap and it really does help lighten the load. OpTech straps are available in most camera stores of any size, so they're not hard to find.

Have fun!
Heather
06-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #34

Original Poster
If I need a thicker neck strap, I will either make a padded sleeve for the existing strap ( I'm pretty decent at sewing ), or simply return the camera as it might just palin old be too darn big & heavy. The size and weight is a negative for me, but I'm going to give it a try.

My father gifted me a a signifanct selection of canon ef lenses that throws another monkey wrench into the works. I'll have to decide if I should sell the lense (dad told me to do with them as I please) to offset the cost of another system or keep them to use with a Canon DSLR.

From a sentimetal point, it would be great to uses my father's lenses, but I wasn't keen on any of the Canon's that I looked at so far. I do enjoy the bogen tripod that my dad gave me. I used it ALL the time.