Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #16
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by irelandswind Quote
SO, I've been the proud owner of Pentax cameras now for years. In all that time I cannot figure out how to rotate the image on my camera so that I do not have to do so when I download them to my computer. I see this forum and I can't wait to hear back.

Can someone please explain how to get my K20d to automatically rotate the image?
#33 in custom menu. That works for playback, I assume it'll we keep the aspect when you download.

06-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Sure!! Go to the menu and then Custom settings. On the 6th page, line items #32 and #33. #32 will save the rotation info on the JPEG and #33 will cause the camera to detect the physical rotation and turn the photo as required. Some programs cannot read the saved rotation info and will not show the rotated image. PS Elements will show the rotated images as will the Pentax Photo Browser, but any of the Widows Photo Gallery programs will not.

Hope this helped!! Keep shooting and have fun!!!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, controls, grip, image, pentax help, photography, rotation