Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2009, 12:20 AM   #16
pbo
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm pretty sure mine uses 67mm filters as I tried both 62mm and 72mm lens caps from two other lenses I got. Anyways, we'll know soon enough, the hood I bought for it is on its way can't wait - as cool as the lens already looks, it will look even cooler - not that it's a crucial quality I'm looking for in a lens but still... The lens is also quite sharp - at least by my standards.
Here's a sample from my last trip to Dow Gardens in Midland, MI:

And a 100% crop:

It was handheld, don't remember aperture - probably wide open.

06-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #17
pbo
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So, the hood arrived today - and turns out, we were right! The lens does have 67mm filter size. Doesn't look as cool as I thought it would - but again that's not the most important thing
Here's the pic of the lens with hood:

The combo seems huge for a 200mm lens... The lens does not vignette as far as I can tell.
06-15-2009, 12:43 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MPrince Quote
I haven't seen a ruler without metric markings in the US since I was in high school decades ago. Maybe grade school.

Ever since the government's failed attempt to force the people to convert to the metric system every ruler I've used has had both inch and metric markings.

I'm sure you can find rulers in the US without metric markings, but I'll bet they are over 40 years old and considered by some to be collectors items.
They aren't that hard to find; I have more than these. Check out the middle one - made in Japan.

Back to the lens, I think it's T4, not TX. The new hood looks to be about 3 times as long as the slide-out hood on my Komine-built M42 200/3.5.
06-15-2009, 01:07 PM   #19
pbo
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Dude, enough about rulers I do have one myself, I'm just lazy to go find it

I have no idea what's different between TX and T4, and the hood IS about 3 times bigger than the built-in one. But the built in hood is really wobbly and looks unreliable. The lens doesn't vignette with the longer hood - so the length being three times that of the built in hood is a good thing