Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
Inactive Account

adapter

Howdy, just bought a tokina 28mmF2.8, (second hand)

its a screw mount, is there an adapter, i can get, to fit my K10D

Any info appreciated......Sap

06-14-2009, 11:22 PM   #2
pbo
Veteran Member

Here is Pentax Genuine m42 to K mount adapter. You can also find genuine ones on ebay, they come in a green pouch, and look like a ring (pouch is important coz it's like an "indicator" of genuine-ness)
06-15-2009, 01:54 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you PBO, is this the one!!!!!! on ebay

Genuine Pentax M42 to K mount Adapter - eBay Digital Camera Lenses, Lenses, Photographic Accessories, Cameras. (end time 17-Jun-09 17:48:10 AEST)
06-15-2009, 08:24 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Pentax M42-Kmount adapters and K10D

I use my old Super Takumar 50mm, f/1.4 on my K10D. It works great.

You will need to go into the menus and find the option to "allow aperture ring". Otherwise, the camera will flash F--- on the top LCD.

Put the lens into manual mode. M42 lenses are wide open when not on the camera, unlike K-mount lenses, which are stopped down. M42 lenses only stop down when the camera pushes the little pin on the lens mount. The K10D does not have the mechanism to do this, so the lens must be in M mode. If your new lens does not have an Auto/Manual switch, you may have a problem. Unless you can figure out some way to hold the pin down, you will only be able to shoot wide open.

In use, I set my camera to Av mode, the lens to M, and fire away. I learned on a Spotmatic, so stop-down metering does not bother me. Just turn the aperture ring to the desired f-stop and the camera will pick the shutter speed. You can also use manual mode on the camera. The only drawback is that the viewfinder can get very dark when shotting at very small apertures, like f/11 or f/16.

You can not use autofocus, of course, but focus confirmation will work. You can also use focus-trap. Put the camera in AFS mode, focus at a fixed point. Press the shutter release. When the object gets to that point, or you move to that distance from the object, the shutter will release.

When you mount the lens, the camera will ask you the focal length. This is so the SR system can work properly. Enter the actual focal length. Do not multiply by 1.5.

This is one of the pleasures of using a Pentax dslr. All those great old lenses still work.

06-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
pbo
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Thank you PBO, is this the one!!!!!! on ebay

Genuine Pentax M42 to K mount Adapter - eBay Digital Camera Lenses, Lenses, Photographic Accessories, Cameras. (end time 17-Jun-09 17:48:10 AEST)
Yes, it is, snatch it and hold on to it Just don't overdo with bidding
06-16-2009, 02:31 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanx again PBO, ends tomorow afternoon, fingers crossed...
06-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #7
pbo
Veteran Member

Hehe, good luck
06-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Just get the genuine Pentax as the third party M42 adapters, although might be similar in contruction, have kind of a tight fit and usually comes with a removal tool.
The original Pentax M42 adapters won't need a tool to remove.
That is the kind of perfect fit they have.
They may be a bit more expensive but it would ensure that it won't get stuck on your more expensive DSLR!
Good luck too! A lot of bidders in ebay overbid!
It's either a real bidder or a buddy of the seller just jacking up the price or winning the bid if the price is too low (just my suspicion).

06-17-2009, 04:29 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you, 'PBO, 'Noblepa,"GerryL,

I didnt get the adapter, Out bidded..as usual..(spys..ahahah)

BUT get this, my brother steve,Who knew as well, about it,
(Bidded on it' 'and won it..$62(au)$3 post.
hes posting it to me from, sydney..Tomorow, Im stoaked.....

What a Great Forum This is......Im F%#k Happy