Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
hahahaha "...such a deal we have for you today my friend..."

classic find!! But, hey, I do not feel the seller is ripping anyone off...if someone pays that much, tough, it's not like they do not have the entire web for searching. I never feel badly for anyone who over pays for anything...no gun to their head.
actually it's kinda funny because along those craiglist lists, you could see others selling their K20D (body) for 600. well, buyers would see how much a used K20D cost just by looking at those listings. I don't know if that particular seller is trying to fool other people or make a fool of himself.

anyway, I saw another concerned person posted a reply to the add stating the real market price of what the seller is trying to sell. that should probably warn potential uneducated buyers from buying such overpriced items.

sad reality, there are people who haven't studied business ethics. I had encountered some of them in my lifetime. what I had notice is that they only have one time customers in every deal. but anway, karma seems to find it's way back to these people.

06-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
<snip> ...
I am still not thrilled with the physical size of the body, too small for my hands...squeezing to hold on really hurts my hands. Yeah, I am gonna have to "get a grip" if I keep this and wait to grab a K7...the next few weeks to tell me that...no sense in grabbing a grip now if I am gonna sell it right away. That would be just one more thing to re-sell.

oops...there is an old lens going off over on eBay I wanted to maybe grab...we'll see where it goes.
"Get a grip!" It makes the K10d (same body as your k20) fit my hands just right. That extra length on the bottom just makes the whole thing much easier to hold.
06-27-2009, 10:38 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
"Get a grip!" It makes the K10d (same body as your k20) fit my hands just right. That extra length on the bottom just makes the whole thing much easier to hold.
I KNOOOOOOOWWWW!! hahahaha....but I am going to wait on a grip for now because my "plan" was/is to sell this body soon as the K-7 drops to the sub $1k range new. I like the K-7 but not enough to drop the full $1300 on it...I'm just not an MSRP sorta guy. In fact I wonder were Pentax not part of Hoya now, who is not exactly known to price products reasonably in the first place and was still just "Pentax", if the MSRP would have been $1199 instead and a street price out of the shoot at $999 which would be the price where I, and a lot of fence sitters, probably buy right away. I have a sense that there is a chance Hoya might actually try and shed the <= #5 image and pump up the prices on their new gear.

I only placed my pre-order like a reservation, in case there was a shortage or I just HAD to have it NOW...

Then again I can surely find a grip for $80 +/- and would not lose on the deal later on.

Plus remember it was, what, all of < 10-days ago I decided to sell the Canon gear and go Pentax...gimme time....dagnabbit!! I only have the 40D body and my 24-60 left. Held off making deals on them (they are my main bits for selling junk) just in case the K20D was awful...and, well, it's not...it's different but not awful.

I already forgot to bid on an nice looking 200mm today that went for all of $20.50....sigh...time to hit the thrifty stores I think... I haven't been to Santa Barbara in forever so it might be a fun day trip if I stop here and there or head to the zoo as well. FYI it's only a 90mi RT anyway...

BTW, thanks for the confirmation that the grip helps a lot in holding the Kx0D's...
06-27-2009, 10:48 PM   #19
Damn Brit

I KNOOOOOOOWWWW!! hahahaha....but I am going to wait on a grip for now because my "plan" was/is to sell this body soon as the K-7 drops to the sub $1k range new. I like the K-7 but not enough to drop the full $1300 on it...I'm just not an MSRP sorta guy. In fact I wonder were Pentax not part of Hoya now, who is not exactly known to price products reasonably in the first place and was still just "Pentax", if the MSRP would have been $1199 instead and a street price out of the shoot at $999 which would be the price where I, and a lot of fence sitters, probably buy right away. I have a sense that there is a chance Hoya might actually try and shed the <= #5 image and pump up the prices on their new gear.

I only placed my pre-order like a reservation, in case there was a shortage or I just HAD to have it NOW...

Then again I can surely find a grip for $80 +/- and would not lose on the deal later on.

Plus remember it was, what, all of < 10-days ago I decided to sell the Canon gear and go Pentax...gimme time....dagnabbit!! I only have the 40D body and my 24-60 left. Held off making deals on them (they are my main bits for selling junk) just in case the K20D was awful...and, well, it's not...it's different but not awful.

I already forgot to bid on an nice looking 200mm today that went for all of $20.50....sigh...time to hit the thrifty stores I think... I haven't been to Santa Barbara in forever so it might be a fun day trip if I stop here and there or head to the zoo as well. FYI it's only a 90mi RT anyway...

BTW, thanks for the confirmation that the grip helps a lot in holding the Kx0D's...
I'll second Albert on the grip thing. Even if you're planning on selling the camera on in a few months, the grip does sweeten the pot and it holds it's value pretty well anyway.
As well as feeling better in the hand, the extra weight helps stabilise and I would have lost my remote by now if it weren't for the grip.

06-27-2009, 10:54 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
hahaha...good point about the remote...I grabbed one and those things are SM-ALL!!

Sign OK...Ill shop...after all I only bought all new gear, a new fridge and a bunch of other bills in the last week, what's another 100-bones!! hehehehe...see I am just too cheap...

Guys, I really appreciate the good natured needing thanks!!
06-27-2009, 11:05 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
THERE...I "GOT A GRIP"...you three proud of yourselves...!!!

now I suppose I have to buy extra batteries too!! yeeeesh! Next thing you know is you'll be telling me I need more SHDC cards as well....fiine!!
06-27-2009, 11:14 PM   #22
Damn Brit

now I suppose I have to buy extra batteries too!! yeeeesh! Next thing you know is you'll be telling me I need more SHDC cards as well....fiine!!
You're just a regular one man stimulus package aren't you.

06-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
and about as broke now as Sacramento too!! Actually, I just had a client pay part of their bill for this year so that and the sale of the majority of the old gear makes it fine. So, I doth protest juuuuust a tad too much...a zero sum gain/loss so to speak.
06-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #24
Veteran Member

dont forget a new holster, a backpack, and lens cases and most importantly, a battery grip and flashes (preferably a 540). remember that the battery grip for the K10d/K20D is different from that of the K-7. so you will need 1 battery grip for each camera.

and if you are still having an awfully different feeling with your K20D, just give me a buzz and I will buy it from you for 200 bucks. lol

Last edited by Pentaxor; 06-28-2009 at 10:42 AM.
06-28-2009, 03:43 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
dont forget a new holster, a backpack, and lens cases and most importantly, a battery grip and flashes (preferably a 540). remember that the battery grip for the K10d/K20D is different from that of the K-7. so you will need 1 battery grip for each camera.
Well, I have all that and more already...not my first rodeo there cowboy!! so THERE!!

BTW, I will not keep both bodies...when I do grab a K-7 I will sell the K20D...I don't have any reason for the two bodies. I can aways fall back on my OLD Sony DSC-S70 as a backup for selling junk kinda shots, it served me for almost a decade so no reason it still can't pinch hit or start for a few weeks while the starter is on the DL.

I have not added a new flash as of yet, but I still have two of my Canon flashes and my Ghetto Triggers so I can still use them in manual mode no prob until I decide between the 540 and the Metz 58...that is a question I have only begun to research.

QuoteQuote:
and if you are still having an awfully different feeling with your K20D, just give me a buzz and I will buy it from you for 200 bucks. lol
Nice to have that as a 'safety net'...I am assuming that includes a courtesy reach around? I have some lenses too ya know...so, I hope you would take them as well.
06-28-2009, 10:53 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Well, I have all that and more already...not my first rodeo there cowboy!! so THERE!!

BTW, I will not keep both bodies...when I do grab a K-7 I will sell the K20D...I don't have any reason for the two bodies. I can aways fall back on my OLD Sony DSC-S70 as a backup for selling junk kinda shots, it served me for almost a decade so no reason it still can't pinch hit or start for a few weeks while the starter is on the DL.

I have not added a new flash as of yet, but I still have two of my Canon flashes and my Ghetto Triggers so I can still use them in manual mode no prob until I decide between the 540 and the Metz 58...that is a question I have only begun to research.

Nice to have that as a 'safety net'...I am assuming that includes a courtesy reach around? I have some lenses too ya know...so, I hope you would take them as well.
LOL ! is that so? btw, do you got yourself a wide lens already? you might consider a 12-24. I made up my mind and I'm getting this one instead of a 14. guess I have to bring a flash and tripod with me everytime I do a nightshoot.