Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2009, 01:47 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote
Is there a browser exif plug-in that shows all that? I think the OP will have to find that info and post it, but I've been wildly wrong before... many times...
No, not that I know of. But that's not the point either. If you download the images and use Pentax Browser on them you'll see that the Pentax specific data is missing. We need the original unaltered photo or at least know the data that he/she reads in Pentax Browser.

But now it's been a long time without any reply from that poster. I'm guessing this problem is solved and the original poster is too embarrased to admit it was user error, or that it's just simply a troll trying to mess with us. I always get rather sceptical when you have a huge problem and just don't bother to follow up on it later on.

07-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sveinmb Quote
No, not that I know of. But that's not the point either. If you download the images and use Pentax Browser on them you'll see that the Pentax specific data is missing. We need the original unaltered photo or at least know the data that he/she reads in Pentax Browser.
Ah, I wasn't aware that's what you were up to - probably not reading closely. Never occurred to me to do that, either! Seems strange that editing software would strip only some of the exif, but I suppose if it doesn't know what to do with it, it chucks it.

QuoteQuote:
But now it's been a long time without any reply from that poster. I'm guessing this problem is solved and the original poster is too embarrased to admit it was user error, or that it's just simply a troll trying to mess with us. I always get rather sceptical when you have a huge problem and just don't bother to follow up on it later on.
I was beginning to wonder the same things myself. Ah well, I learned something, anyway.
07-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by poppinfizz Quote
What could be the problem i used the camera a month ago with no problems took it out today and with every lens i get the double image the too bright in the sun seems to work okay with the flash though without it it is crazy any ideas what this could be i have only had the camera for about 8 months or so
Have you made any tests with other lenses? What mode (see rotary knob top left? Have you read the manual? What lens are you using?
07-09-2009, 05:05 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote
I know spot metering can cause problems, but I really can't see it buggering things up that badly!
"In the right hands" spot metering can work wonders ... resulting in similar pics to the posted ones. It cannot cause ghosting though...