Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax K7D In Australia, Lense Decisions Sigma 17-70?

Oh wow! I got to test one out yesterday at one of the Camera shops in Geelong Victoria of all places in the world to have one. They had 4 ordered in and already sold 3 in the first day. They have 1 left which I was almost ready to buy except I wasn't to keen on the kit lenses the salesman was trying to push on me,

$1900 or so with the 18-55mm Sigma + 55-200mm Sigma.

Going off what I know the 18-55m Sigma is a pretty cruddy kit lense I have one of the K100D whilst it does the job I wouldn't want to have it on such a nice camera.

However I am looking for a decent multi-purpose lense for the right price which is why I'm seriously considering the Sigma 17-70mm lense which can be had around $500AU.

Would really love some feedback if this is a decent combination or if i'm just better off sticking with a genuine pentax lense.

07-05-2009, 06:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Not sure I know of a Sigma 18-55 or a Sigma 55-200. Are you sure that he did not have the Pentax dual kit lens setup? It comes with the DA 18-55 AL WR and the 55-200 ED WR lenses. Mind they are not high end lenses. You can always sell them but sometimes the market if flooded with kit lenses when new models are released which holds the price down for a while.